Time in BGA . It's just plain stupid for chess

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Maquen

Time in BGA . It's just plain stupid for chess

Post by Maquen »

In actual chess you get a chess clock which makes take player 1.lose when out of time 2.can be set to a time not like this clock which is always something like 2+10 or 2,1/2 +10
PLEASE make the quick option be 1+1 the normal 3+2 and slow 10+0 and just PLEASE make the clock work like on literally every chess website or in real life
Another thing I want to tell is the progression thing 3% per piece who created this??? Just make this 1% per move or something
Meeplelowda

Re: Time in BGA . It's just plain stupid for chess

Post by Meeplelowda »

Maquen wrote: 18 February 2024, 01:36 In actual chess you get a chess clock which makes take player 1.lose when out of time 2.can be set to a time not like this clock which is always something like 2+10 or 2,1/2 +10
PLEASE make the quick option be 1+1 the normal 3+2 and slow 10+0 and just PLEASE make the clock work like on literally every chess website or in real life
Another thing I want to tell is the progression thing 3% per piece who created this??? Just make this 1% per move or something
BGA is not now and never will be a chess site. They don't even have rated games on here. I wouldn't hold your breath waiting on features you expect on actual chess sites.

BGA is able to offer several hundred games because they provide a core framework to build them on (through the tireless and frequently thankless work of the devs). The clocks in the games are part of that framework. They were obviously aware of time flagging in games like chess and chose not to implement it. I doubt the framework will be revamped to add it any time soon.
Gulchen

Post by Gulchen »

This doesn't address your point, but note that even for correct implementations of this, one doesn't necessarily ​ ​ ​ 1.lose when out of time ​ :
The opponent still needs sufficient mating material, since otherwise the player running out of time instead causes the game to be a draw.
Jones69

Post by Jones69 »

One think on BGA chess : You can compete in chess on BGA as well, but only in a way that both players can choose from 1+0 or 1+1 game modes! This excludes computer assistance since moves need to be made very quickly! But I think that the * the BEST chess website !

*Moderator edit: please do not specifically name other gaming platforms
kaikulimu

Post by kaikulimu »

Why play Chess on BGA... Just play on * or *

*Moderator edit: please do not specifically name other gaming platforms
RobertBr

Post by RobertBr »

kaikulimu wrote: 23 February 2024, 06:47 Why play Chess on BGA... Just play on ***** or ******
Absolutely, BGA really should not offer Chess at all. Oh, but don't name the other sites, forum rules prohibit mentioning other games sites (even ones not in direct competition).
Brontolo3

Post by Brontolo3 »

Well I play chess on another site but I'm glad there is the possibility to play chess in BGA also if the time works differently. Sometimes I play chess also on BGA,

Return to “Chess”