Rules question: Can you place landmarks and buildings outside of your capital if you have space?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Lichlo6a

Rules question: Can you place landmarks and buildings outside of your capital if you have space?

Post by Lichlo6a »

I've got two rules question that I hope some rules guru can help me answer.

Despite playing this game for hundreds of times, there are some rules that still confuse me. Both questions I'm hoping to get answers for happened in this game here: https://boardgamearena.com/table?table=478664075

Question 1) Can you place landmarks and buildings outside of your capital if you have space? If possible, then how?
From move #326 onwards my opponent places a landmark (laboratory) and two buildings (armory and farm) outside of his capital mat, even though he has room to place them. He does this deliberately, so he can perfectly fit in a fusion reactor. I've wanted to do something similar many times in my games, but have found that the game system always forces you to place landmarks and buildings in your capital if you have the space. So how was my opponent able to do this? If this is doable, can someone explain how?

Question 2) During Era V (end of game), what is the order that Militants resolve? Is it first or last and is there anyway of choosing?
In games where a player gains multiple civs (in this game I got 9), I've noticed that you can pick the order of which civs resolve first during Era V (end of game), with the exception of Militants. In some games, Militants automatically resolve first; in others, they automatically resolve last. In this game, they were resolved last, but why? Is there any rhyme or reason that determines when Militants get resolved (first or last) during the end of the game?

Any insight into these two questions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
poserLX

Re: Rules question: Can you place landmarks and buildings outside of your capital if you have space?

Post by poserLX »

1) The official rule as confirmed by the designer is that you may only place buildings outside of your capital city if you do not have space for them. (There are exceptions, of course, such as the Nomads and certain tapestry cards from some of the expansions.) BGA has not implemented this rule as of yet.

As to how to intentionally place a building outside your capital, look for a square diagonally down and to the right from the bottom-rightmost square of your capital. When you have a building to place this space will be highlighted. If you select this space, the building will go into your "supply" rather than your capital city.

2) I believe your question is best addressed as a bug report. Make a note of specific game tables where this has been an issue and report it.

Return to “Tapestry”