The game became unpopular

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
AVTactics

The game became unpopular

Post by AVTactics »

There was no delay in finding a table when the game was released but its not that easy present day. What do you think about why?
Romain672

Re: The game became unpopular

Post by Romain672 »

All games are like that, you got players because the game is new and many players want to discover it / start to play it a lot and start to have done everything they wanted to do with it.

And then those players are fewer and fewer.

Then the replayability question came. Does the game is enough interesting after playing 5/20/200 games of it? And depending of the answer, the game is less or more popular than others.

The game didn't hook me enough personnally. General strategy was pretty obvious, and there wasn't enough after that for my taste.
quietmint

Post by quietmint »

Yes this pattern is very common on BGA. I think people move on to the new hotness. As of now we have about 100 games per day and most of those are 2-player. The split between real-time : turn based is about 2 : 1. During the peak hype it was closer to 500 games per day.

For players who think the game is too easy, I hope they try it again with 3-4 players (you miss one alliance in this configuration and more players is more challenging to coordinate) and with options to increase the difficulty.
ChiefPointThief

Post by ChiefPointThief »

quietmint wrote: 23 February 2024, 16:21 Yes this pattern is very common on BGA. I think people move on to the new hotness. As of now we have about 100 games per day and most of those are 2-player. The split between real-time : turn based is about 2 : 1. During the peak hype it was closer to 500 games per day.

For players who think the game is too easy, I hope they try it again with 3-4 players (you miss one alliance in this configuration and more players is more challenging to coordinate) and with options to increase the difficulty.
Isn’t 100 games a day still pretty good? I would assume that is still better than hundreds of other games on this site. About waiting for games. I’ve always played with friends and I assume a lot of others do also. Another issue is this game isn’t the best on mobile. There’s been several times I’ve opted out of games because I was on mobile.

Looking at the community page it shows 8,000 members. So if this game was getting 500 games a day at one point that means it was a hit amongst the people who actually tried it. That would require on average 1,210 players a day (I think my math is right :D )
quietmint

Post by quietmint »

Yes, exactly. It's not "popular" but it's not "dead".

Among all BGA games, Now Boarding ranks 155/899 by time spent and 177/899 by number of games. Excluding the premium games, Now Boarding ranks 68/729 by time spent and 92/729 by number of games.
Suny1987

Post by Suny1987 »

Where can I see the stats for the games ? 😊 The most popular ones I mean ☺️
ChiefPointThief

Post by ChiefPointThief »

Suny1987 wrote: 26 February 2024, 00:59 Where can I see the stats for the games ? 😊 The most popular ones I mean ☺️
There used to be a master list that everyone could see which was removed recently. That only showed the amount of active tables. Devs can see stats like the ones quietmint posted.

Return to “Now Boarding”