Arena Mode Settings

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
mrdoublehelix

Arena Mode Settings

Post by mrdoublehelix »

Is there a vote that takes place somewhere regarding Arena Mode Settings? I just don't know why anyone who plays this game enough competitively would enter Arena if the setting is set to Medium rather than Hard.

I partially blame the publisher for establishing this game with Easy, Medium, and Hard mode descriptions which was a very poor choice of words. Should be more like this:

Hard - Standard game
Medium - Variant to speed up the game
Easy - Variant for beginners to limit the number of viable strategies and make it easier to learn the rules

I haven't met a single player who has played hard mode and then wanted to go back to any other mode.
Phoxtrot

Re: Arena Mode Settings

Post by Phoxtrot »

Yes, for me its more like modules to learn the game.
(Which is good, it is complex enough that you might want to remove a small amount of that complexity at first)
Corwin007

Post by Corwin007 »

There is some reasoning behind using mid instead of hard (the 3-step space can seem limiting to players), so while I'd love to only play the hard mode, I guess it makes sense to have medium variant in the first Arena season. I do hope it changes to hard mode next season.
MasterMystery

Post by MasterMystery »

As on an other arena there is the possibility to vote and decide for the (100) players that played the most games for a given period

Return to “Maracaibo”