How are the game forums sorted?

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
Jellby

How are the game forums sorted?

Post by Jellby »

It used to be that game forums were sorted by their last message, so you could see the ones with most recent posts at the top. Since a couple of days I see the list stuck, and some forums that do have recent posts are not moved to the top. Is this just for me? Is there a way to go back to the old behaviour? I've looked in the forum control panel, but didn't find anything relevant (there's a setting for post sorting, but that's already by time).
Meeplelowda

Re: How are the game forums sorted?

Post by Meeplelowda »

Jellby wrote: 28 February 2024, 13:47 It used to be that game forums were sorted by their last message, so you could see the ones with most recent posts at the top. Since a couple of days I see the list stuck, and some forums that do have recent posts are not moved to the top. Is this just for me? Is there a way to go back to the old behaviour? I've looked in the forum control panel, but didn't find anything relevant (there's a setting for post sorting, but that's already by time).
This is happening to me, too. I'll mark the entire forums as read. It used to be that only game forums with new posts would be at the top next time I connected. Now they are intermingled like it has gotten stuck in a certain order.
Amau_Catepetl

Post by Amau_Catepetl »

there is a filter to show only the games that you know. It's new, no ? You can click on "show me all games"
robinzig

Post by robinzig »

Meeplelowda wrote: 28 February 2024, 22:50
Jellby wrote: 28 February 2024, 13:47 It used to be that game forums were sorted by their last message, so you could see the ones with most recent posts at the top. Since a couple of days I see the list stuck, and some forums that do have recent posts are not moved to the top. Is this just for me? Is there a way to go back to the old behaviour? I've looked in the forum control panel, but didn't find anything relevant (there's a setting for post sorting, but that's already by time).
This is happening to me, too. I'll mark the entire forums as read. It used to be that only game forums with new posts would be at the top next time I connected. Now they are intermingled like it has gotten stuck in a certain order.
Same for me too. I was thinking I should raise a bug report for it, but have had more important (to me!) things to do tbh.
Jellby

Post by Jellby »

Amau_Catepetl wrote: 28 February 2024, 23:10 there is a filter to show only the games that you know. It's new, no ? You can click on "show me all games"
No, that was already there, and it has nothing to do with the issue. Whether I display all games or "only" the ones I know (which are more than 700), they appear with an unknown order, NOT with those with most recent posts at the top, as it used to be (and what I want).
robinzig

Post by robinzig »

Thanks, I just upvoted it.
Romain672

Post by Romain672 »

This still haven't been done :(

Which is really annoying when you browse for specific subjects on the forum :(

(I suppose it's a bug, but else, just sorting them once a day/oncer per hour should be great for the most part too)
Meeplelowda

Post by Meeplelowda »

Jellby wrote: 29 February 2024, 17:14 https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=116103
I tried to vote for it again. :lol:

The status says:
open: Bug has not been reproduced by developers yet
Does this status mean someone has actually tried to reproduce it and failed, or just that it hasn't been reproduced for any reason (like no one has tried yet)? Because all we have to do is show a screenshot of sub-forums with new posts appearing mixed in between sub-forums with older posts. It is a bit of a pain to scroll through over 100 rows just to make sure nothing new has popped up.
robinzig

Post by robinzig »

Meeplelowda wrote: 13 March 2024, 00:03 The status says:
open: Bug has not been reproduced by developers yet
Does this status mean someone has actually tried to reproduce it and failed, or just that it hasn't been reproduced for any reason (like no one has tried yet)? Because all we have to do is show a screenshot of sub-forums with new posts appearing mixed in between sub-forums with older posts. It is a bit of a pain to scroll through over 100 rows just to make sure nothing new has popped up.
Yeah, it's a bit confusing - basically that's the default status before anyone has responded to it at all. In this case it clearly doesn't mean someone from BGA has tried and failed to reproduce it - either no-one has seen it at all, or no-one wants to look at it because (presumably) other things are considered a bigger priority :cry:

Return to “Discussions”