Notification bell only available for some games?

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
sweetlumps

Notification bell only available for some games?

Post by sweetlumps »

I searched through postings on the forums but didn't find an answer to this -- if I missed it, apologies!

Regarding the "notification bell": Is this only available for certain games? I don't see it as an available option for some games. (Yes, I am looking at real-time play, not turn-based.)

For example: I see the option is available for Sushi Go Party, but not King of Tokyo. If it makes a difference, I am a premium member. Neither game is in beta.

If this was done intentionally (i.e. not a bug), I'm curious to know the rationale -- why certain games and not others?
ErikLevin

Re: Notification bell only available for some games?

Post by ErikLevin »

Pretty sure that it is disabled for games where a lot of tables are created. King of Tokyo has an "Expected waiting time: ~1 min". So you'd get spammed if it had a bell to enable - and you should hopefully be able to find players without it. :)
ChiefPointThief

Post by ChiefPointThief »

ErikLevin wrote: 06 March 2024, 13:53 Pretty sure that it is disabled for games where a lot of tables are created. King of Tokyo has an "Expected waiting time: ~1 min". So you'd get spammed if it had a bell to enable - and you should hopefully be able to find players without it. :)
There are games that I would like to turn notifications on for that aren’t that popular and I can’t
ErikLevin

Post by ErikLevin »

ChiefPointThief wrote: 27 March 2024, 17:45
ErikLevin wrote: 06 March 2024, 13:53 Pretty sure that it is disabled for games where a lot of tables are created. King of Tokyo has an "Expected waiting time: ~1 min". So you'd get spammed if it had a bell to enable - and you should hopefully be able to find players without it. :)
There are games that I would like to turn notifications on for that aren’t that popular and I can’t
Hmm, I see. Do you remember which ones so we can see if it's the same for everyone (and all the time) to dive deeper in this, yet another, mysterious BGA feature? :)
thoun

Post by thoun »

That's also what I remember from the news about it : it will only be available for less popular games.
ChiefPointThief

Post by ChiefPointThief »

ErikLevin wrote: 27 March 2024, 18:22
ChiefPointThief wrote: 27 March 2024, 17:45
Hmm, I see. Do you remember which ones so we can see if it's the same for everyone (and all the time) to dive deeper in this, yet another, mysterious BGA feature? :)
I wanted to do it for vale of eternity at the moment. It shows as 15min wait. I just looked at game history. 30 in last hr. So not extremely slow. But also there is 2,3,4p, arena as well as friend games. W/ the bell I would be able to see there’s a 2p available and go.

Also does the bell actually make a sound for people or is it just a pop up? I’ve seen other users say they were annoyed w/ it but it doesn’t bother me.
Zelva

Post by Zelva »

It's just a popup, doesn't ring anything.

Return to “Discussions”