[Inquiry] Adding Special Action options when exceeding 9.5 Reputation from Monuments

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
blimperdoop

[Inquiry] Adding Special Action options when exceeding 9.5 Reputation from Monuments

Post by blimperdoop »

If you are at Max reputation and your monuments increase your reputation past 9.5 at the start of your turn, the game will either provide you the option of converting or automatically convert that surplus reputation to money.

One question I have is whether or not you can spend that surplus reputation on other Special Actions like Refreshing the Builder's Market or Refreshing a Servant. If you can, I suggest adding a prompt when you gain surplus reputation that allows you to select any of the Special Actions at the start of your turn.

It's not a super common scenario, but it still pops up every now and then before the final courtship. Being forced to convert the surplus reputation to money can prevent game-winning actions, such as hosting a specific activity/prestige guest with a Refreshed Servant or buying a previously unshown tile after Refreshing the Market.

If I've made a mistake in understanding the rules of the game, please let me know. Thanks!

Return to “Obsession”