games in progress is less useful now

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
Wreckage

games in progress is less useful now

Post by Wreckage »

The "games in progress" page was useful. When I'm about to start a table, I could look at that page and see if any games with the same settings I like are almost done. That gives me an idea if soe players ill be available soon. Now that it's changed, and I can't see the settings at any of the tables, it's much less useful.

I know I can go to each table and then back out again, but scrolling the list and seeing everything I want to know was so much better. This seems a lot like the new lobby disaster page that we all try to avoid if possible.
Ez0ah

Re: games in progress is less useful now

Post by Ez0ah »

Wreckage wrote: 12 March 2024, 06:07 Now that it's changed, and I can't see the settings at any of the tables, it's much less useful.
I’m not a huge fan of the new page but you can still see the settings of the tables, in the blue/purple line between whose turn it is and who are the players.
It shows the time setting of the table. And if any setting is different from default, it’s also displayed here
KenFin1

Post by KenFin1 »

Ez0ah wrote: 12 March 2024, 07:40
Wreckage wrote: 12 March 2024, 06:07 Now that it's changed, and I can't see the settings at any of the tables, it's much less useful.
I’m not a huge fan of the new page but you can still see the settings of the tables, in the blue/purple line between whose turn it is and who are the players.
It shows the time setting of the table. And if any setting is different from default, it’s also displayed here
Only if you use large view. No use at all if you want a compact list. The new Small view uses more screen space per game and shows very little information compared to the old version which showed all the information in one compact bar. The new progress page is garbage so far as I'm concerned. It's awfully bloated and cluttered with stuff you don't need and missing the information you do want.
Ez0ah

Post by Ez0ah »

KenFin1 wrote: 12 March 2024, 12:12 Only if you use large view
Medium view also displays the info you are looking for
Wreckage

Post by Wreckage »

Ok, I didn't see the large view option. That does help. I still can't see the names of who is at the table and who is master or beginner without clicking on each name individually. So it's still less info than the old page...which was better. What was lacking from the old display?
KenFin1

Post by KenFin1 »

Wreckage wrote: 12 March 2024, 18:26 What was lacking from the old display?
Nothing at all. They launched a new version that is worse and needlessly complicated. I gather it got slated in testing but they pushed it out anyway just like the new lobby a while back. Sadly though this time they didn't leave the old version as an option. Lots of us requested that but they've ignored it.
_Yotsuba_

Post by _Yotsuba_ »

I agree, new one is borderline useless. It used to be easy to find a game to watch to my preference, now it is really hard. No indication on player strength like it was before and a lot harder to find arena games. At least give me a useful filter.
Slartibartfst

Post by Slartibartfst »

Made a post about this, someone pointed me to here, just wanted to vocalize along with others just how painfully useless this feature has become, and to please rethink the whole way you are doing it. It would be amazing if I could filter out high ranking, real time games to watch, instead of the garbage we have now. Love almost everything about BGA, but this lol.

Return to “Discussions”