Prevented from reporting insults

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
wrldtrvllr

Prevented from reporting insults

Post by wrldtrvllr »

"Sorry but the 5 last reports you submitted to moderation did not manage to convince our moderation team (no ToS violations, or not accurate enough). You cannot write any other reports for now."

I have only ever made moderation reports where there was a clear violation of the terms of service, which I carefully described. At no point have I received any response to any report indicating what the outcome was, so I could not possibly have guessed that any report "did not manage to convince" anyone. So this message is strange. Someone just insulted me after a game, but apparently now I will never again be able to report such abuse?
GTSchemer

Re: Prevented from reporting insults

Post by GTSchemer »

I agree that is very strange, especially if you documented the TOS violation. I've never heard of someone getting that message.
Kayvon

Post by Kayvon »

wrldtrvllr wrote: 17 March 2024, 17:40 "You cannot write any other reports for now."
I will never again be able to report such abuse?
That's a bit of an exaggeration, no? They said you can't report for now and you took that to mean "never again"?

It sounds like your previous five reports did not meet the bar of a real violation. Give it some time to cool off and be more careful about which incidents you choose to report. Maybe focus on the big things and don't sweat the small stuff. And definitely don't exaggerate.

(I wish they'd do something like this for false bug reports. You wouldn't believe how many "bug" are just simple rules misunderstandings.)
N_Faker

Post by N_Faker »

Kayvon wrote: 17 March 2024, 21:37 That's a bit of an exaggeration, no? They said you can't report for now and you took that to mean "never again"?
It is a permanent block on reporting.
wrldtrvllr wrote: 17 March 2024, 17:40 "Sorry but the 5 last reports you submitted to moderation did not manage to convince our moderation team (no ToS violations, or not accurate enough). You cannot write any other reports for now."
This is applied automatically after 5 reports in a row are judged as 'not guilty'.
ChiefPointThief

Post by ChiefPointThief »

N_Faker wrote: 17 March 2024, 23:14
Kayvon wrote: 17 March 2024, 21:37 That's a bit of an exaggeration, no? They said you can't report for now and you took that to mean "never again"?
It is a permanent block on reporting.
wrldtrvllr wrote: 17 March 2024, 17:40 "Sorry but the 5 last reports you submitted to moderation did not manage to convince our moderation team (no ToS violations, or not accurate enough). You cannot write any other reports for now."
This is applied automatically after 5 reports in a row are judged as 'not guilty'.
If you can be moderated for saying “play” or “geez, great play” then what are people reporting 5x in a row that is being thrown away :lol:
GeraldineMerida

Post by GeraldineMerida »

I can understand the ban on submitting moderation reports for those who seem to be wasting moderators' time with multiple trivial rreports, but it would make sense after 4 consecutive dismissed reports to notify the user that a 5th consecutive rejected complaint from them will result in a ban on future submissions. That would avoid someone being blocked from contacting moderators out of the blue like the OP and would also save moderators some time, by making people reconsider their next submission, unless it concerns obviously egregious behaviour.
Kayvon

Post by Kayvon »

I agree; that would be a better system.

I wonder if they didn't think to implement it that way, or if they did but it was too much additional work for a rare situation.
Ze Monstah

Post by Ze Monstah »

So now if someone calls you anything, in a 2 players game, you just have to... ignore it? Sad.

I agree, there should be something more constructive implemented in this system.
When life gives you a ZeMon, make ZeMonade...
https://youtu.be/YlmKmM3WCpM
wrldtrvllr

Post by wrldtrvllr »

N_Faker wrote: 17 March 2024, 23:14 It is a permanent block on reporting.
Is this written down anywhere?
wrldtrvllr

Post by wrldtrvllr »

Ze Monstah wrote: 18 March 2024, 19:09 So now if someone calls you anything, in a 2 players game, you just have to... ignore it? Sad.
It seems so.
Last edited by wrldtrvllr on 19 March 2024, 09:51, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Discussions”