Add a "Flag for Future Play"

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
Hopkins

Add a "Flag for Future Play"

Post by Hopkins »

This would behave similarly to the favourite game/heart icon, except the use case would be to create a list of games which I would like to try on BGA. Frequently I'll browse the list of games and wish that I could mark the those that I'd like to play at a later time.
RicardoRix

Re: Add a "Flag for Future Play"

Post by RicardoRix »

It is possible to do this.
A little known feature, or at least I've only just discovered it, and also you've just helped jog my memory.

In the GAMES page, go to a game, use the + button (bottom right) and add it to a list, you can create a new list and call it whatever you want.
Hopkins

Post by Hopkins »

Ah, thanks! This is useful. However, in this case I would like to have the grouped games alongside the favourite games in the "New Game" screen so that I can easily jump into them. Essentially, I'd like exactly the same functionality of "Favourite" games but for my "To play" list. Whether the devs would prefer to implement a general solution for groups or another "special case" in the same vain as Favourites I'll leave to them :).
Meeplelowda

Post by Meeplelowda »

Hopkins wrote: 18 March 2024, 18:18 Ah, thanks! This is useful. However, in this case I would like to have the grouped games alongside the favourite games in the "New Game" screen so that I can easily jump into them. Essentially, I'd like exactly the same functionality of "Favourite" games but for my "To play" list. Whether the devs would prefer to implement a general solution for groups or another "special case" in the same vain as Favourites I'll leave to them :).
The function RicardoRix cited does create a separate group of games. A new tab will be created next to "My Favorites" with just those games that you add. For example, I created a "To Try" group, and now the Games page has "All Games," "My Favorites," and "To Try" as tabs.
Hopkins

Post by Hopkins »

Thank you for that. Sorry for the delay; I thought I had replied already!
Meeplelowda wrote: 19 March 2024, 04:13 The function RicardoRix cited does create a separate group of games. A new tab will be created next to "My Favorites" with just those games that you add. For example, I created a "To Try" group, and now the Games page has "All Games," "My Favorites," and "To Try" as tabs.
Even with your description, it took me a while to find! In "Games" at the top there is a horizontal banner like a menu bar and it's there. However, it's now been drawn to my attention that there is a lot of crossover in functionality between "Play Now" and "Games" pages. I suspect that the devs are aware of this and will streamline things at some point in the future.

However, as for adding groups like "To Try", the process could be enhanced to enable these groups to behave more like the built-in Favourites function, but it seems that this should follow whatever redesign/streamlining might take place. For now, I can pretty much do what I want, so thanks RicardoRix and Meeplelowda for the help!
ScribeBen87

Post by ScribeBen87 »

Is there any way to do this or even block cheaters?

I just played a game of cribbage against someone, and every single hand they had between 15 and 20 points, both in their crib and in their hand. Usually consisting of four cards straight or a combination of a couple of fives and a couple of face cards in their hand.

PLEASE INSTITUTE A CHEATING REPORT OPTION SOON!!!
Meeplelowda

Post by Meeplelowda »

ScribeBen87 wrote: 29 March 2024, 01:50 Is there any way to do this or even block cheaters?

I just played a game of cribbage against someone, and every single hand they had between 15 and 20 points, both in their crib and in their hand. Usually consisting of four cards straight or a combination of a couple of fives and a couple of face cards in their hand.

PLEASE INSTITUTE A CHEATING REPORT OPTION SOON!!!
Did you read the original post, or just the title of the thread?

Return to “Suggestions”