Player Colors

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
robotpoop

Player Colors

Post by robotpoop »

A few suggestions / request regarding player colors:

Additional Player Colors
Would it be possible to add additional color choices for players to choose from, beyond the player colors that exist in the actual physical games?

To use an example, Ark Nova currently has four player colors, inherited from the physical game: red, black, blue, and yellow. It would be great if players could play as pink or green or orange or purple.

I realize that there are potentially games where this wouldn't be feasible due to its effect on gameplay, but it seems that for the vast majority of the games that wouldn't be an issue.

Game-Specific Color Preferences / Manual Assignment
Another idea is that Premium members should either be able to choose their favorite color for a specific game, or they should be able to manually allocate the available colors to players within that game.

Using Ark Nova as an example again, we have a group where three players are premium members and one who isn't. Two of the premium members have our preferred colors set to "red" and "blue", but the other has his set to "pink", which is his favorite color and is also not one of the available colors in that game. It would be great if that third premium member could set his favorite color for Ark Nova to "yellow" but otherwise maintain his global preference of "pink". Or, it would be great if the premium member who created the game could assign colors while configuring game details at setup.
thoun

Re: Player Colors

Post by thoun »

robotpoop wrote: 19 March 2024, 19:52 It would be great if that third premium member could set his favorite color for Ark Nova to "yellow" but otherwise maintain his global preference of "pink". Or, it would be great if the premium member who created the game could assign colors while configuring game details at setup.
He can set multiple prefered colors, for example pink then yellow. So if the game has no pink, he will probably get the yellow color ;)
robotpoop

Post by robotpoop »

oh geez...I did not realize that one of the things I suggested was already a thing. I am sorry. I was working completely off of my friend's excuses there.

The other thing would still be good though.
ErikLevin

Post by ErikLevin »

robotpoop wrote: 19 March 2024, 19:52
Game-Specific Color Preferences / Manual Assignment
Another idea is that Premium members should either be able to choose their favorite color for a specific game, or they should be able to manually allocate the available colors to players within that game.
Feel free to vote here: https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=113253 :)

There is also this: https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=31224 which is more debatable though due to potential confusion.
robotpoop

Post by robotpoop »

Thanks for the links! I've voted. :)
II D13 II

Post by II D13 II »

Hello! If we're talking about colors sugestions, I also wrote one, a bit more general.

My idea is to be able to choose the most disliked color as well. The point is for the game to avoid giving us the color we dislike the most when our favorites are unavailable. :)

Let me know what you think about this idea. :idea:
If you think it is good, please upvote, link below

https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=120004

Return to “Suggestions”