Can someone tell me why my longest road scores 7 and not 11?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
TaterKnuts

Can someone tell me why my longest road scores 7 and not 11?

Post by TaterKnuts »

https://boardgamearena.com/archive/repl ... =85437627;
The 3 lowest sections of the road are not counted, nor the right-most section.
Attachment quota for board reached, can't add screen shot.
Richi5000

Re: Can someone tell me why my longest road scores 7 and not 11?

Post by Richi5000 »

Hi,

It only counts the longest streak, it's not counting any loops or branches.
TaterKnuts

Post by TaterKnuts »

My opponent's scoring for the same thing encompassed everything, seemingly including loops/branches.
Also, that doesn't seem to explain why the right-most road piece isn't counted.
TaterKnuts

Post by TaterKnuts »

When reviewing the final situation in my most recent game, and discussing with my opponent, it's evident there is a bug in how the scoring is DISPLAYED when you hover over various parts of the scorecard. We both saw a different number of tracks/roads highlighted, but in counting the tiles involved, the scoring appeared accurate.
bossas

Post by bossas »

This is quite interesting. Your score of 7 is correct I believe, as the rules state that the Longest Highway is 'the single longest unbroken line of Highway routes that connects a streak of adjacent spaces'.

Interestingly, the rules for the Red and Blue version continue, '...not counting any loops or branches'. However, the Green and Yellow versions just say, 'not counting any branches'. Those versions then go on to explicitly state, 'You score 1 point for each space that has a part of your single longest Highway path drawn on it. Spaces may be counted more than once if your line goes through them multiple times'. There is then an example that specifically includes a loop with three spaces counted more than once. (It's worth referrring to that graphic, as it is difficult to explain!)

Your opponent therefore scored 11 - including the loop with the cross-roads counted twice, but excluding the final stretch of Highway on the right.

I learnt something new today ;)

Return to “Railroad Ink”