Corner Heat: Spaces moved vs Cards played

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
zshet

Corner Heat: Spaces moved vs Cards played

Post by zshet »

So I am sure others have experienced a situation like this:

I am approaching a corner with a limit of 3, I play cards totaling 4 movement spaces, however because I am blocked I am only able to move 3 spaces. I then decide to slipstream but the game still calculates my corner speed as 4 and charges me 1 heat. I think in a situation like this the heat should be calculated on spaces moved not cards played. After all if a person cannot move all the spaces they played why should they pay heat on it? It feels like you are being penalized twice. Thoughts?
arrie1987

Re: Corner Heat: Spaces moved vs Cards played

Post by arrie1987 »

That is how the rules of the (board)game works.
You always check corner speed against speed of your played cards. So no mistake or bug or whatever. Rules of the game.
zshet

Post by zshet »

Not saying it's a bug just commenting on how the rule is not well thought out.
arrie1987

Post by arrie1987 »

Why not. In first instance you wanted to go 4, so you should already pay 1 heat if you go through the corner. You don't benefit from the fact that you can't go all 4 spaces, that is 1 of the aspects of the game, blocking, so the other wont go as far as he would like.
Phoxtrot

Post by Phoxtrot »

You might make an argument that you should get even more heat or stress or damage your brakes,....

Return to “Heat: Pedal to the Metal”