We need push/email notifications for group chat/updates

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
JCase16

We need push/email notifications for group chat/updates

Post by JCase16 »

BGA please add an ability to receive email or push notifications for groups. Because of all the other extra stuff on the home page, and the "pull" nature of that information, I don't get notified when messages occur in my groups. I have 7 messages on my homepage and 1 of them is actually important to me and it's from a group. The others tell me that my friends signed up for tournaments or won a game for the first time. Honestly, who the heck cares if my friend won a game for the first time. I MIGHT care if they join a tournament but generally I do not. And why can I post there? What the heck would that even do?

Is there any way you could make it so I could do the following:
- Allow me to tailor what shows up in that list of notifications?.
- Allow me to tailor what shows up in my in-game game history. I don't want to see that my friend is now online. I wan to see just my game history.
- Allow me to receive email/push notifications when a group I belong to gets a new message

Groups are almost useless unless everyone is very proactive in regularly checking for messages. Please add these things or tell me how I can better use them if I'm using them poorly.

Return to “Suggestions”