Arena season reset

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
Gobos

Arena season reset

Post by Gobos »

Why after a season reset do I have to start from scratch?
I was quite happy with myself getting to gold league in my first season, and now bam! - I'm back to bronze1. Feels bad does not begin to cover it.
I know that there needs to be a way to prevent inactive players from occupying top spots, but erasing ALL the progress from the past season is probably the laziest and dumbest way to implement it.
KenFin1

Re: Arena season reset

Post by KenFin1 »

Why? Why isn't it fair? Why shouldn't all the football teams start from 0 points each season? Why shouldn't every country start at zero medals on the Olympic table each games? Why shouldn't Novak and Roger start at 0-0 with their opponents in the open just because they were in the final last time?

The format has been this way for some time and it is the performance in these early rounds that shapes the underlying arena score once you reach elite rank.
Gobos

Post by Gobos »

Well, the key difference is that football season lasts entire year, and each team plays a fixed number of games. BGA arena lasts only 3 months, ands a full reset means that the player who has time to play more games gets a huge advantage.
Tennis analogy actually supports my point, tennis rankings are continuous with old results gradually removed (AFAIK).
Determining a winner based on ELO score achieved over such a short period of time is just very, very stupid
ufm

Post by ufm »

https://boardgamearena.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=35994

Read 'Some Explanation About: Relegations'. Some progresses are kept. Yours weren't enough.

Return to “Suggestions”