BGA newbie questions

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
MidRangeGeek

BGA newbie questions

Post by MidRangeGeek »

Forgive me since I'm fairly new to BGA (have only played Isle of Cats really) and very new to the Ark Nova on BGA (have played exactly 1 game).

1. How do I turn off "easy mode" maps (Map 0/Map A)? And assuming that's possible, how is the map determined?
2. Why can I see cards that I don't have in my physical copy? (Examples from my 1 game - "Arcade" & "Victory Column")
3. What is it talking about in the "changes to physical version"? I didn't really understand what it meant or how I can easily determine the conservation/appeal gaps without specifically expanding the track (which only shows conservation up to 10)
greenjacket124

Re: BGA newbie questions

Post by greenjacket124 »

Shikadi wrote: 14 April 2024, 11:34 Forgive me since I'm fairly new to BGA (have only played Isle of Cats really) and very new to the Ark Nova on BGA (have played exactly 1 game).

1. How do I turn off "easy mode" maps (Map 0/Map A)? And assuming that's possible, how is the map determined?
2. Why can I see cards that I don't have in my physical copy? (Examples from my 1 game - "Arcade" & "Victory Column")
3. What is it talking about in the "changes to physical version"? I didn't really understand what it meant or how I can easily determine the conservation/appeal gaps without specifically expanding the track (which only shows conservation up to 10)
1. Change the game competitiveness to "Normal", and then you'll get two maps randomly assigned. I don't think it's quite the same as in the physical game where you choose between front or back.

2. They are digital promo cards. Below is a link talking about Arcade, and Victory Column celebrates the past Arena season champion. I do know that Victory Column was added in Aquatic Worlds under a different name, and I think Arcade may have been as well.
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/310418 ... ard-arcade

3. The difference is in scoring, with 100 points being the crossover point between conservation and appeal. You can easily tell the gap because appeal is always worth 1 point each and conservation (for the most part) is worth 3 points each.

Return to “Ark Nova”