Seasons Italian translation errors

Discussioni sulla traduzione italiana
LELEZ93

Seasons Italian translation errors

Post by LELEZ93 »

I've noticed a few errors on the italian version of Seasons.. I modified the non validated sentences but there are a few incorrect validated in the past.
The first mistake is to write "evocazione" instead of "invocazione". Basically it's the difference between evoke and invoke, i know it's almost the same word, but the italian rulebook (i have one and i suppose those guys who translated in the past don't) says "invocazione", so invoke is the correct one.
Not that changes much, but since different people made the job in the past, now half the sentences present evoke half invoke (and that is the real bad side).

The half of one half of another happens also here, where the difference between the two translations is way bigger..
The same group of people translated the "familiar" word with "familiare" a couple times (actually the wrong word appears more than the correct version). The correct translation should be "Famiglio" for singular and "Famigli" for plural..
This error is way more "heavy", in fact familiare as they wrote means "part of the family" or something like "already well known" in some case.. That is a lot different from "famiglio", the correct translation that should mean "the little creature" (i have the real game in my hands while saying this).
Examples of the wrong "familiare" word could be "Mario è un mio familiare" -> "Mario is part of my family" or in the other case "Seasons è un gioco a me familiare" -> "Seasons is a game i know very well / i have confidence with", both cases are lot different in the meaning from the correct word, even if they are similar in the spelling.

This makes me think that also the first evoke - invoke error is not a little mistake, is just those people trying to take some free bonus points placing here and there the translation they suppose it's ok.. Just so you know they got a reward thanks to some inappropriate work.
To add more, read this:
Some card also present an error on the name of the card, i've noticed "Scepter of Greatness" card today while playing, translated as "Scettro di Greatness" instead of "Scettro della Grandezza", showing not only the person who did that doesn't have the rulebook as suggested before translating, but also his poor job leaving there an english word that also google translate is capable of translating (i've tested it, place greatness into english->italian and you'll get "grandezza" as the ONLY result... no words for this). I remember i saw some other in the past..

A couple other minor errors i've found could be mentioned, anyway those are the bigger ones (as i can remember)..

Is there a way to make me correct "all" what i notice?
I changed translation where possible but there are many spots i can't touch..
I would offer my time to place a good hand on this game, i really like it and it's sad to see those sentences

Thanks for reading, hope to find a way to help

p.s.:
I've noticed a card is named correctly but then when the box appears going over it with mouse on the bottom side you can see a mistake.
That famous card is the "Scepter of Greatness", it presents a "sDcettro di greatness" with an accidental D printed there for mistake.. I can't even see that sentence using the search tool so i suppose it's not an user side touchable part, i saw that and i hope you can do something (Assuming who is going to correct that will write "Scettro della Grandezza", according to what i wrote before when i was speaking about the bad person who did that)
Een

Re: Seasons Italian translation errors

Post by Een »

Hello,

Thanks for your interest in making the Italian translation better!
I have upgraded your account so that you can fix validated strings (you will need to log out / log in for the change to take effect).

You are right, collaborative translations are not always perfect, and we are always happy for the help of some rigorous proofreaders ;)

As for your last point, I fixed a translations update problem today, so there should now not be any displayed translations that can't be found in the translation system.

Cheers,
Een

Return to “Italiano - it”