Page 1 of 1

Finding my way on Digit Code

Posted: 26 July 2026, 09:55
by Hatshepsut77
Hi everyone,

I had a really upsetting experience here last night. I've been playing less than a month, so I am asking for your help and advice. I was playing Arena, and made a legal move very quickly, well within the given time frame. The opponent then wrote "????" in the comment box.

At the end of the game I said gg and they replied "it wasn't a good game, it was a lucky game". Then when they came up again on Arena they said they didn't want to play me because I am a joke. I asked what I had done wrong and they said that I make useless moves just to waste time, so they won't play against me.

Honestly, that's not my situation. I am a VERY new player (been playing less than a month), and I don't know any of the patterns yet. I just use logic as I go. I am nowhere near as fast as the rest of you. I am also quite a bit older than most people here, and going through chemotherapy and dealing with cancer pain... it slows my thinking at times, but I always play within the time limit and play the opening moves pretty fast, like within 20 seconds. I just come on here to have fun and distract myself. I'm not here to upset anyone.

What do you suggest I do? Do I need to explain this to every new player I meet. Last night has really upset me and makes me want to leave the site as I didn't realise there's a specific way you're supposed to play.

Thanks for reading,
Hatshepsut77

Re: Finding my way on Digit Code

Posted: 26 July 2026, 09:59
by Jellby
Ignore those players. If you don't want to play with them again, red-thumb them. If they offend/insult you in chat, report them (but don't engage).

You don't have to be friends with everyone.

Re: Finding my way on Digit Code

Posted: 29 July 2026, 21:23
by yodamus
Stay away from arena. Those players are extra serious and play games with the arena mechanics. Join tournaments instead. Much more friendly and usually plenty of time to play your match.

Re: Finding my way on Digit Code

Posted: 01 August 2026, 16:09
by MathMan41z
The issue with arena are those people usually have calculated far more into the future to make the optimal move, so they think (in arena, elo is hidden) that you are a good/strong player making 'simple' mistakes.

Re: Finding my way on Digit Code

Posted: 05 August 2026, 20:26
by Ferand
Sorry that you had this experience! Unfortunately some people are rude and do not accept the fact that losing is part of any game. There are plenty of polite people here so please don't give up.

Re: Finding my way on Digit Code

Posted: 09 August 2026, 11:02
by amazing_crow
Like others have said, red thumb them so you don't meet them again. Plenty of people on this site can be quite impatient but there's also so many nice people to play with :)
When I feel tired and I want to make sure I play with someone relaxed, I don't do arena and select slow mode.

BGA can be such a great help for enduring illness, so please don't be discouraged in using it! I wish all the strength to be with you and all the stress to stay away from you <3

Re: Finding my way on Digit Code

Posted: 27 August 2026, 14:17
by Sp4rta
MathMan41z wrote: ↑01 August 2026, 16:09 The issue with arena are those people usually have calculated far more into the future to make the optimal move, so they think (in arena, elo is hidden) that you are a good/strong player making 'simple' mistakes.
you can check by tapping player profile and search the game name fyi