Page 1 of 1
Who else is bad at 3 player?
Posted: 31 July 2026, 17:11
by cuddlefox
I find I'm quite decent at 2 player, but horrible at 3 player. Any tips for a 3 player novice?
Re: Who else is bad at 3 player?
Posted: 19 August 2026, 14:37
by PerryMason13
same problem
Re: Who else is bad at 3 player?
Posted: 22 August 2026, 22:03
by Nincompoop57
I wouldn't say you're bad, but in a 3-player game, the risk of getting Varans — or the chance of placing them on an opponent—is higher. You should take that more into account when making decisions. Kodamas are also very important, but I find the Whirlwind to be the strongest; it allows you to steal victory points from two opponents. Plus, completing a full circuit with a value of 9 is much easier and can quickly lead to victory if you're the last player in the round. Hope that helps a little bit.
Re: Who else is bad at 3 player?
Posted: 05 September 2026, 10:06
by Loranger
I all agree!
Also, take in mind that you have to somehow reinvent your style! It always takes me a few games to switch from 2 to 3 players and vice versa.
In 3 players, effects are more unpredictible... So be prepared to change your strategy more often during the game.
But it can be super interesting! It can compensate, over a few games, a player playing randomly and favoring one or the other...