Page 1 of 1

Elo-Farming Players

Posted: 06 August 2026, 18:40
by Michail Tal
Hi there,

just noticed, that the current number one ranked player of the game (all-time) '***' has played hundreds of games against the same opponent '***' winning almost exclusively. In a way that looks like intended farming of elo-rating points. I am wondering if this is something, thats allowed on this site? Not that it´s of much importance for this specific game i suppose, with such a high luck factor. But I am wondering as it seems like it would be hard for anyone actually trying against random opponents to compete with that.

Not trying to blame anyone here.
I am actually interested in how something like this is being handled on bga.
What are your thoughts on this?

Cheers, MT

Edited - one thing is for sure: naming and shaming goes against our policy. Please refrain from naming others on the forums.

Re: Elo-Farming Players

Posted: 07 August 2026, 08:26
by Niediam
Looks like normal play vs a friend to me.

But I do feel that invite only games should not count towards ranking.

Re: Elo-Farming Players

Posted: 07 August 2026, 09:57
by Michail Tal
Okay, lets play detective.

I checked again, and i agree they look like casual games against a friend –wins going back and forth– at first. Until, at some point the last >50 games are exclusively won by 'azusannu'. Just enough to get to all-time rank 1 and a 50 win-streak achievement. So yes, maybe friendly games with him suddenly outclassing his friend strategically. Or maybe simply Elo-Farming. The later seems just more likely to me.

I looked at the games of some other players in the high ranks, which mostly look like just good players. However, there is a similar pattern with the current season rank 1 player 'loismogomerie', who has after a lot of wins back and forth suddenly exclusively played one opponent without ever losing.

Re: Elo-Farming Players

Posted: 07 August 2026, 16:33
by Niediam
My bad. I looked at one of the games. His opponent is 100% losing on purpose.

Re: Elo-Farming Players

Posted: 17 August 2026, 08:24
by Eiseldora
In the arena, I didn't think you could pick your opponent. Are these just friends games?

Re: Elo-Farming Players

Posted: 18 August 2026, 17:04
by Michail Tal
Update:
Abusing the Elo-System by having a friend or another account loosing on purpose is against the bga rules.
I have reported both 'azusannu' and 'loismogomerie' for this two weeks ago.

So far I have not heard back from the bga moderators. They are still on top of the leaderboard of this game.
I can not be the only one annoyed about this. I don't understand how e.g. a rank 2 player playing legit is not upset for having the title taken away by people cheating the system. To everyone who agrees: report them or share your ideas on how we can get the moderators to act.

Cheers, MT