SFTP: Download Project fails: isDate is not a function
Posted: 22 September 2026, 22:36
I created an empty folder named C:\reversidean which is the name of my project.
I ran SFTP: config in that folder. It created a .vscode folder with a sftp.json file inside.
I edited that file as in the Setting up BGA Development ... File Sync instructions
It created a tree of folders similar to my remote \reversidean\ but all the files were empty
The output is full of errors like this:
[09-22 17:15:27] [error] TypeError: isDate is not a function
at attrsToBytes (c:\Users\deanh\.vscode\extensions\natizyskunk.sftp-1.16.3\node_modules\ssh2\lib\protocol\SFTP.js
45)
at SFTP.open (c:\Users\deanh\.vscode\extensions\natizyskunk.sftp-1.16.3\node_modules\ssh2\lib\protocol\SFTP.js:331:15)
at ReadStream.open (c:\Users\deanh\.vscode\extensions\natizyskunk.sftp-1.16.3\node_modules\ssh2\lib\protocol\SFTP.js
13)
What did I do wrong?
Here is my sftp.json file:
{
"name": "BGA",
"host": "1.studio.boardgamearena.com",
"protocol": "sftp",
"port": 2022,
"username": "nightrider",
"password": "(edited)",
"remotePath": "/reversidean/",
"uploadOnSave": false,
"ignore": [
".vscode",
".git",
".DS_Store",
"package-lock.json",
"yarn.lock",
"misc",
"node_modules",
"_ide_helper.php",
"bga-framework.d.ts",
"* *",
"sync-helpers.sh",
"vendor",
".phpunit.cache"
],
"syncOption": {
"skipCreate": false,
"delete": true
}
}
I ran SFTP: config in that folder. It created a .vscode folder with a sftp.json file inside.
I edited that file as in the Setting up BGA Development ... File Sync instructions
It created a tree of folders similar to my remote \reversidean\ but all the files were empty
The output is full of errors like this:
[09-22 17:15:27] [error] TypeError: isDate is not a function
at attrsToBytes (c:\Users\deanh\.vscode\extensions\natizyskunk.sftp-1.16.3\node_modules\ssh2\lib\protocol\SFTP.js
at SFTP.open (c:\Users\deanh\.vscode\extensions\natizyskunk.sftp-1.16.3\node_modules\ssh2\lib\protocol\SFTP.js:331:15)
at ReadStream.open (c:\Users\deanh\.vscode\extensions\natizyskunk.sftp-1.16.3\node_modules\ssh2\lib\protocol\SFTP.js
What did I do wrong?
Here is my sftp.json file:
{
"name": "BGA",
"host": "1.studio.boardgamearena.com",
"protocol": "sftp",
"port": 2022,
"username": "nightrider",
"password": "(edited)",
"remotePath": "/reversidean/",
"uploadOnSave": false,
"ignore": [
".vscode",
".git",
".DS_Store",
"package-lock.json",
"yarn.lock",
"misc",
"node_modules",
"_ide_helper.php",
"bga-framework.d.ts",
"* *",
"sync-helpers.sh",
"vendor",
".phpunit.cache"
],
"syncOption": {
"skipCreate": false,
"delete": true
}
}