Page 1 of 1

Expeditions - Negative Points for solo

Posted: 29 September 2026, 08:29
by Vortilion
I don't see the reason behind making the players' points negative when playing solo and losing against the automa. It says that this was implemented to "show that the automa has more points". That is no reason at all, otherwise you would do that for every game. I believe most players understand that e.g. 43 points are less than 86, without explicitly showing the players' points as "-43" instead. This just falsifies results for trackers like BGStats and is really confusing...

Re: Expeditions - Negative Points for solo

Posted: 29 September 2026, 09:43
by Thalack
It's a limitation of the BGA framework. For solo games negative points counts as defeat and positive points counts as victory, so there's no other way than to use negative points in this case.

Re: Expeditions - Negative Points for solo

Posted: 30 September 2026, 08:44
by Vortilion
Oh ok, got it! Really wish I had the time to dig into this framework... ;-)