I do not understand Roof Scoring in BGA implementation
Posted: 04 October 2026, 02:09
In this game, I played yellow. I count 3 yellow roofs on top. However, BGA scored it as 5 roofs. How does that make sense?
https://boardgamearena.com/tableview?table=918316057
From the rulebook (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1amckBv ... thdLz/view)
GAME END
I also hate the change of language from the "on top" to "visible roof" as-if the criteria is different. Per the rulebook, they show pictures which clearly just show counting the on-top roofs.
https://boardgamearena.com/tableview?table=918316057
From the rulebook (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1amckBv ... thdLz/view)
GAME END
Code: Select all
Placing your last roof triggers the final phase.
- Finish your turn normally, then immediately count the number of
roofs you have [b]on top[/b] of a building.
This number tells you which square to place your cone on at the
bottom of the board, counting from the left. (Note that the maxi-
mum is 7).
- Then, all opponents can play their final turn (with possible extra
turns). When they’re done, they also count [b]their visible roofs[/b] and
place their marker as well.