Tournaments FAQ

Tournaments organization / Organisation des tournois
mrdoctor

Re: Tournaments FAQ

Post by mrdoctor »

Gooble wrote: 24 January 2024, 10:56 Can I join and participate in a tournament for a Premium game even if I do not have a Premium account? If my opponent is also a non-Premium member, we would not normally be allowed to play a match of the game. Does tournament mode ignore this? I've never played a tournament yet and I do not want to sign up and get penalised because I'm unable to play my matches. Thanks in advance!
Premium just allows you to create games (and tournaments) for premium games. I believe non-premium players can join and play any non-premium game? Or at least that's how it worked before I paid for premium!
Jeremy55

Post by Jeremy55 »

This thread appears not to have been active since 2015....on the other hand it appears at the top of the Tournaments threads, so hoping I'll get a reply..

We are in a round robin group of 12 first phase of the tournament - one player has not taken a move in my game and is timed out. I got a message saying I can exit the game without penalty. But if I do so, do I get the point for the win? According to the table, this player seems to have played and lost one game, which means one other player has got a point off him/her. But doesnöt seem to have been active against anyone else. So what happens? Either we all get points or none of us should get points, but I am nervous about quitting the game if it means I don't get a point
BarbarianMiller

Post by BarbarianMiller »

Jeremy55 wrote: 31 January 2024, 14:32 This thread appears not to have been active since 2015....on the other hand it appears at the top of the Tournaments threads, so hoping I'll get a reply..

We are in a round robin group of 12 first phase of the tournament - one player has not taken a move in my game and is timed out. I got a message saying I can exit the game without penalty. But if I do so, do I get the point for the win? According to the table, this player seems to have played and lost one game, which means one other player has got a point off him/her. But doesnöt seem to have been active against anyone else. So what happens? Either we all get points or none of us should get points, but I am nervous about quitting the game if it means I don't get a point
You can skip and get your point now (but your tiebreaks might suffer - I think generally Round Robin has point differential as first tiebreak and you will "win" 1-0). Or, you can keep playing and try to finish. If the time runs out in the match overall, then you will get the point then (again with tiebreaks suffering).
mrdoctor

Post by mrdoctor »

Jeremy55 wrote: 31 January 2024, 14:32 This thread appears not to have been active since 2015....on the other hand it appears at the top of the Tournaments threads, so hoping I'll get a reply..

No-one has posted on page 1 of this thread since 2015, yes. There are well over 30 pages of posts after that, leading up to present-day.

If you've got the message saying you can quit without penalty - doesn't that only appear once the other player has been actively "skipped" by another player for being in the red on their clock? From the moment a player is skipped, they're classed as 'lost', and all other players are classed as winners, in any game on BGA. With it being a round-robin, they can only be 2-player games, so I'm guessing you chose to skip them?
Meeplelowda

Post by Meeplelowda »

Jeremy55 wrote: 31 January 2024, 14:32 This thread appears not to have been active since 2015
You wrote this below a post written 7 days earlier?
nik592

Post by nik592 »

Meeplelowda wrote: 01 February 2024, 10:32
Jeremy55 wrote: 31 January 2024, 14:32 This thread appears not to have been active since 2015
You wrote this below a post written 7 days earlier?
If you click on the thread title it takes you to page 1, and then if you don't realise there are 32 other pages after page 1, well, you'd probably think the thread hadn't been active since 2015.
NCFCRulz

Post by NCFCRulz »

Such a shame BGA doesn't put any effort into developing tournaments
El_Guigui_13

Post by El_Guigui_13 »

Hi,

We have a question in a round robin how does the elimination work on tie?

In this tournament : https://boardgamearena.com/tournament?i ... ge_display
Second and third have same victories points (2 points), 2 wins and 3 points score difference.
So this is a perfect tie.

In the head-to-head match, the third-placed beat the second-placed.

We don't understand how the classification was made.
Does the one with the lowest ELO win?

Thank you
Jeronimon

Post by Jeronimon »

El_Guigui_13 wrote: 15 February 2024, 10:23 Hi,

We have a question in a round robin how does the elimination work on tie?

In this tournament : https://boardgamearena.com/tournament?i ... ge_display
Second and third have same victories points (2 points), 2 wins and 3 points score difference.
So this is a perfect tie.

In the head-to-head match, the third-placed beat the second-placed.

We don't understand how the classification was made.
Does the one with the lowest ELO win?

Thank you
As far as we know if you have a perfect tie the player with the oldest BGA account “wins".
So here februari 2023 trumps may 2023
Mathew5000

Post by Mathew5000 »

El_Guigui_13 wrote: 15 February 2024, 10:23 We have a question in a round robin how does the elimination work on tie?
According to the following thread from last year, BGA stated to one player that it is "a random selection": viewtopic.php?t=29137

See also these threads:
https://boardgamearena.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29163
https://boardgamearena.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=146787
https://boardgamearena.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=169457
https://boardgamearena.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27700

Return to “Tournaments / Les tournois”