Tournaments FAQ

Tournaments organization / Organisation des tournois
T72on1

Re: Tournaments FAQ

Post by T72on1 »

Is there a way, as organiser of a tournament, to expel a player who is not playing at all from a tournament?
blockmonoid

Post by blockmonoid »

LeiaTortoise wrote: 16 July 2021, 08:06 Hello,

I'd like to make some suggestions to prevent some players to spoil tournaments games by never making their first move or leave the game for no reason :

1) Among the settings informations on the page to join a tournament, could it be possible to show if there's a restriction about bad reputations ?

2) Maybe it could be ok to set the tournaments settings by default as not allowing players which reputation is under 50% to join in ? The tournament admin could of course change it anyway, though I think it would be a healthy basis for enjoyable tournaments :)
I agree with both of these suggestions. Also, I would suggest that when a tournament organizer sets a restriction on reputation, that the restriction is checked when the tournament starts and ejects people who don't meet it. Currently, it only checks reputation when the person signs up for the tournament. I've been in so many For Sale tournaments where players are able to start the tournament with <50% reputation (often 0% reputation), even though the organizer has put in reputation restrictions. But they were able to get into the tournament because they had a high enough reputation when they registered several weeks earlier.

Another suggestion for dealing with no-shows (which is a huge problem for certain games) is to eject the person from the tournament if they fail to complete their first round game. That would mean only one round is affected by the no-show and the rest of the tournament can proceed normally. I'm referring to turn-based tournaments here.
Pinovitch

Post by Pinovitch »

Tout à fait d'accord !!!!!
peter the rat

Post by peter the rat »

Can I post information about an offline Tournament here in the Forum?
hsiale

Post by hsiale »

I am playing a 4-player tournament game with a player who is very slow. Initial time per player was 7 days, at the moment that player is down to 2 days remaining (everyone else is at 6) while the game is not even close to the halfway mark. What is going to happen with tournament scoring if someone gets fed up and kicks out this player when they run out of time? Will the game continue with 3 players, or end immediately?
Bubamara5

Post by Bubamara5 »

hsiale wrote: 13 October 2021, 10:13 I am playing a 4-player tournament game with a player who is very slow. Initial time per player was 7 days, at the moment that player is down to 2 days remaining (everyone else is at 6) while the game is not even close to the halfway mark. What is going to happen with tournament scoring if someone gets fed up and kicks out this player when they run out of time? Will the game continue with 3 players, or end immediately?
When the player is kicked out, he is considerer at looser, and other player winner as a tie. If the game can manage the expeled player, game can continue with other player, but the final result will be the same (player expelled looser, other winners). Some game don't manage the expeled player, and block. It's depends on game.

If you wait and you can't finish game in time (probably a month in your case). Player are sort by their remaining time, faster player is the winner.
BooChihuahua

Prestige points

Post by BooChihuahua »

I've created private tournaments but the prestige points for it comes up as 0. Does it have to be public in order for the prestige points to be awarded? Also, what are requirements, number of players, needed before prestige points are awarded?
ufm

Post by ufm »

10 or more participants
blockmonoid

Post by blockmonoid »

Whoa! Today I checked out one of my tournament pages and I saw a new button: "Withdraw from tournament". That's a welcome addition. I'm curious, is that the only change?
Agricool

Post by Agricool »

Hello Souris du désert,

I created a private tournament for French speakers.
It is specified "by invitation or by link" so that people can register.
Several people by following the link:
https://boardgamearena.com/tournament?id=105950
Say they can't register. The website asks them for an invitation.
Is this normal?

Thank you for your answers.

Agricool.

-----

Bonjour Souris du désert,

J'ai crée un tournoi privée pour les francophone.
Il est spécifié "sur invitation ou par lien" pour que les gens puissent s'inscrire.
Plusieurs personne en suivant le lien :
https://boardgamearena.com/tournament?id=105950
Disent ne pas pouvoir s'incrire. Le site web leur demande une invitation.
Est-ce normal ?

Merci pour tes réponses.

Agricool.

Return to “Tournaments / Les tournois”