Tournaments FAQ

Tournaments organization / Organisation des tournois
Gardefrejus

Re: Tournaments FAQ

Post by Gardefrejus »

How are defined the position in case of tie?
I was in a tounament where 11 players finished second... But somehow it is décided who's 2d who's third...
Do you know how?
Thanks
GeraldineMerida

Post by GeraldineMerida »

It's usually decided on the points of all your opponents in the tournament, and when there is still a tie, your opponents' ELO ranking is considered (i.e. the person who beat tougher opposition will be placed higher in the event of a tie).
Gardefrejus

Post by Gardefrejus »

GeraldineMerida wrote: 17 May 2021, 20:20 It's usually decided on the points of all your opponents in the tournament, and when there is still a tie, your opponents' ELO ranking is considered (i.e. the person who beat tougher opposition will be placed higher in the event of a tie).
Ok thanks, seems quite unfair as who you play is decided randomly, but still it is a way.
Should be written somewhere to avoid questions...
GeraldineMerida

Post by GeraldineMerida »

It's buried higher up in these FAQ pages. But there are a lot of them now....
Xiu Hong Eu

Post by Xiu Hong Eu »

sourisdudesert wrote: 11 November 2015, 09:53
Can I create a tournament with a paying access / with a prize in money?

Not without our authorization.

Please first contact us (contact [at] boardgamearena.com).
I'm from Malaysia and I'm really hoping to host a tournament with paying access / prize money to revitalize the local scene. Been sending Emails but getting no replies. How do I do this?
Mrs_Williams

Post by Mrs_Williams »

Hi,

Playing in a tournament for Kingdom Builder where there are no rules in the game for the winner in the case of a tie...

Can anyone shed any light on how the person who advances is determined?

I have searched the forum but can't find an answer that makes sense to this outcome!

Thanks!

https://boardgamearena.com/9/kingdombui ... =173459240
DukeOfPrunes

Post by DukeOfPrunes »

Is there any tie-break for tied players in swiss tournaments?

Sorry if this have been asked before.
sprockitz

Post by sprockitz »

DukeOfPrunes wrote: 15 June 2021, 10:14 Is there any tie-break for tied players in swiss tournaments?

Sorry if this have been asked before.
opponent's points in the tournament, which is the total number of wins all your opponent's had in the tournament.
LeiaTortoise

Post by LeiaTortoise »

Hello,

I'd like to make some suggestions to prevent some players to spoil tournaments games by never making their first move or leave the game for no reason :

1) Among the settings informations on the page to join a tournament, could it be possible to show if there's a restriction about bad reputations ?

2) Maybe it could be ok to set the tournaments settings by default as not allowing players which reputation is under 50% to join in ? The tournament admin could of course change it anyway, though I think it would be a healthy basis for enjoyable tournaments :)
JonChambers

Post by JonChambers »

I'm hoping to do the "official tournament with prize money" thing. Yes, I know, I'll email later.

But before I get to that... the two player version of my game... let's just say it's not as good as the five player version.

So, instead of using the tournament feature specifically, what if I just put up prize money for whoever gets the highest ELO rank in Arena Mode? Any flaws in that idea?

Return to “Tournaments / Les tournois”