Top-down view instead of tilted view?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
kofzor

Top-down view instead of tilted view?

Post by kofzor »

I love that there is Bunny Kingdom on BGA, but when I fantasized how it would look, I would have hoped an efficient clean top-down view per tile.
Right now it is hard to see the stuff on the A-C rows as it is so small, even when enlarging the screen.

Could this be an alternative view perhaps?
Jellby

Re: Top-down view instead of tilted view?

Post by Jellby »

Do you mean the 2d (bird's eye) view available in the cogwheel or in the top-right (three-bar) menu?
kofzor

Post by kofzor »

Jellby wrote: 03 June 2023, 16:17 Do you mean the 2d (bird's eye) view available in the cogwheel or in the top-right (three-bar) menu?
Thank you!

I was completely unaware of this option.
Makes me wonder if this Bird's eye view shouldn't be standard...?
ExaltedAngel

Post by ExaltedAngel »

kofzor wrote: 04 June 2023, 20:10 Makes me wonder if this Bird's eye view shouldn't be standard...?
Not sure which kind of device you are playing on, your experience might be significantly different from mine, but I think the bird's eye view is WAY worse than the tilted one
Chris380

Post by Chris380 »

Thanks for pointing out the birds eye view. I'd looked at the cogwheel but hadn't seen it.It isn't entirely clear that it is there.

I can see now that birds eye isn't great either. What it really needs is a zoom and pan function, much like there is in Akropolis.

As for what kind of device does the 3D view not look good. On a mobile?! The top rows are far too small and cluttered. And even on my laptop it's all a bit too small for my aging eyes! Zoom and Pan would be great if not rotate. That shouldn't be too hard a fix.

As for the game being on here. We bought this for my Uni daughter at Christmas. We only managed half a game then and i've not had the chance to try it again since, so was keen to really see how it plays.
tchobello

Post by tchobello »

Chris380 wrote: 11 July 2023, 08:48 As for what kind of device does the 3D view not look good. On a mobile?! The top rows are far too small and cluttered. And even on my laptop it's all a bit too small for my aging eyes! Zoom and Pan would be great if not rotate. That shouldn't be too hard a fix.
Actually, it is a lot of work... all BGA players playing on all kinds of devices to please.
BaronFraser

Post by BaronFraser »

Chris380 wrote: 11 July 2023, 08:48 What it really needs is a zoom and pan function, much like there is in Akropolis.
Hey Chris380,

It does have a zoom and pan, but it's disabled by default for mobile users as there was a LOT of feedback from players who found it annoying because it interfered with scrolling and zooming on their phone.

Within a game, if you click on the map settings icon (a gear at the bottom right of the map) you can click the locked icon to unlock the map, which will allow you to pinch to zoom and drag to pan.

Cheers,

BARONFRASER

Return to “Bunny Kingdom”