Gold League?!

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Eddetektor

Gold League?!

Post by Eddetektor »

Hey,

I have to admit, it caught me by surprise. I started a new game with just one star needed to reach the elite league, finally. It's pretty challenging to progress through the Silver tier in this three-player system. Most games are against bronze players, and it's +2 stars for a win and -2 for a defeat. So, in order to advance, one has to win over 50% of the games—twice as many as their opponents, who win 25% on average each. But, okay, it was a nice challenge.

I won the game, only to find out that I've entered the gold league—a league that wasn't there when my last game started! Also, if I understand the rating system correctly, games against two bronzes will now give +1 star per win and -3 per defeat. So, one has to win an overwhelming 75% of the games (six times as many as their opponents on average) just to break even.

What's even more frustrating is that two players entered the elite league without going through Silver first, and the competition for the top two places is essentially over now.

Return to “Trio”