Would it be possible to play a single Championship race?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
AnDagda

Would it be possible to play a single Championship race?

Post by AnDagda »

Hi all,

As the title says, would it be possible to arrange a single Championship race or allow some further customisation to the Championship mode? At present we are limited to a 3/4 race series which runs into problems of players timing out in Real time mode or it can just drag a bit in Turn based mode. It would be nice to pick a race from the series and just play that with Sponsorship cards and Event cards included. i.e a one or two race series.

Also let's get those Aggressive legends onto the GB track ;)
Last edited by AnDagda on 06 March 2024, 11:55, edited 1 time in total.
AnDagda

Re: Would it be possible to play a single Championship race?

Post by AnDagda »

At the other end of things can there be an option to play the GOAT format as mentioned in the rulebook. (a 10 race series played over the 3 seasons). Of course receiving a similar Elo rating at the end as one who plays a single race is less appealing for some!
PaulB-UK

Post by PaulB-UK »

AnDagda wrote: 06 March 2024, 10:09 Of course receiving a similar Elo rating at the end as one who plays a single race is less appealing for some!
Or 0 ELO when someone gets kicked on the last turn of the last race :lol:

On a serious note, I think it would be pretty fun to have single races with championship rules.
arrie1987

Post by arrie1987 »

Would be nice to have some extra options to choose from.

Everything is now as the rules from the real game.
But an option to choose if you do a single race to add an event card and/or press corner would be nice.
Like the weather to toggle on or off.

And aggressive legends option i already opted in a different thread and have itadded as suggestion.
That would be cool to, to have aggressive legends option on GB.
esspea

Post by esspea »

By definition a Championship race is a multi-race event, so I don't think it makes sense to ask for a one race championship (especially as there is only one round of drafting and so the first player to draft will always be advantaged since starting 1-2 slots back is not that big of a penalty yet they get to pick the best card).

I can see maybe adding the options for sponsor cards (events and photos) in a regular race, but even then some times you get sponsor cards that are useless for the current race but are great when you carry them over to the next race, so I'm not sure any playtesting has been done around doing so and the impact it would have.
Phoxtrot

Post by Phoxtrot »

Another thing that would be nice is if it was possible to have championships count for more ELO.
It would make sense.

Return to “Heat: Pedal to the Metal”