PSA: No, you don't need to play shark/swimmer after last chance has been called to get points from them...

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
HaggbartSlark

PSA: No, you don't need to play shark/swimmer after last chance has been called to get points from them...

Post by HaggbartSlark »

As title says. This is a pet peeve, but it's amusing how many (I would say 95%) of players who play a shark/swimmer combo from their hand after "last chance" has been called. Why? It doesn't have an effect, and you get the point if it stays in your hand also. I suppose some people don't know this.

Of course it only takes half a second to do, and it's probably just out of habbit, but I still find it interesting that so many do this (even very good and experienced players).
Suoivax

Re: PSA: No, you don't need to play shark/swimmer after last chance has been called to get points from them...

Post by Suoivax »

on my phone and PC monitor, the line of text that says "LAST CHANCE" is off the bottom of my screen. its muscle memory at that point.
Meeplelowda

Re: PSA: No, you don't need to play shark/swimmer after last chance has been called to get points from them...

Post by Meeplelowda »

HaggbartSlark wrote: 03 April 2024, 22:55 As title says. This is a pet peeve, but it's amusing how many (I would say 95%) of players who play a shark/swimmer combo from their hand after "last chance" has been called. Why? It doesn't have an effect, and you get the point if it stays in your hand also. I suppose some people don't know this.
I've seen the same thing and honestly think some people don't know that it counts as points even if not played. I would say something in chat, but don't for fear of being red-thumbed for being "aggressive."
donpipe

Post by donpipe »

I play the combo to show the opponent that i could have stolen a card, if they had waited one more round.
Swint

Post by Swint »

PSA: How other people play a game that you play also doesn't really matter at the end of the day so there's no benefit in getting upset about it.
HaggbartSlark

Post by HaggbartSlark »

Swint wrote: 15 April 2024, 02:18 PSA: How other people play a game that you play also doesn't really matter at the end of the day so there's no benefit in getting upset about it.
Can you please point me to where I gave any indication of being "upset", because I don't think I wrote anything to that effect?
CalariaB

Post by CalariaB »

I find it sad how many people like to steal, repeatedly, throughout a game. One steal, okay, but I had a person who did it like 8 times over the game. That's someone who will likely steal office supplies from their job.
Ceaseless

Post by Ceaseless »

CalariaB wrote: 16 May 2024, 04:24 I find it sad how many people like to steal, repeatedly, throughout a game. One steal, okay, but I had a person who did it like 8 times over the game. That's someone who will likely steal office supplies from their job.
Weird joke but ok. :|
HaggbartSlark

Post by HaggbartSlark »

Sorry, I will be returning the stapler by Monday.

Return to “Sea Salt & Paper”