Expel timer works not as it should

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
randomronny974

Expel timer works not as it should

Post by randomronny974 »

I got myself kicked out of a game once or twice, when my time was not yet at -20sec and I just realized: You don't have the 20sec in the very most of situations. In my most recent game I was able to expel my opponent like ten seconds sooner, simply on the fact, that they made a move during their expel time (which stopped the timer). After this move I was able to hit the clock again and: They had only 2sec left to act (which can be not enough on a weak connection). This can't be right. I understand the need for a shorter clock against opponents who have a habit on going over their time, but during the first violation, this should not be enabled IMO. Once the turn has finished and they go over time again: Well, that's that then - before it feels wrong.
Tisaac

Re: Expel timer works not as it should

Post by Tisaac »

randomronny974 wrote: 06 May 2024, 14:55 I got myself kicked out of a game once or twice, when my time was not yet at -20sec and I just realized: You don't have the 20sec in the very most of situations. In my most recent game I was able to expel my opponent like ten seconds sooner, simply on the fact, that they made a move during their expel time (which stopped the timer). After this move I was able to hit the clock again and: They had only 2sec left to act (which can be not enough on a weak connection). This can't be right. I understand the need for a shorter clock against opponents who have a habit on going over their time, but during the first violation, this should not be enabled IMO. Once the turn has finished and they go over time again: Well, that's that then - before it feels wrong.
Timer and expulsion is handled by BGA, there is nothing specific about ArkNova here.

Return to “Ark Nova”