why the weird accounting of card costs?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
mturton

why the weird accounting of card costs?

Post by mturton »

my wife and I cranked up a game of Splendor, her first on BGA. Weirdly, the cards were displayed with normal costs for me but for her, they were displayed with her current gem holdings subtracted from the cost: if she was holding 4 reds, a five-red card showed a cost of one red.

That was silly, unnecessary, and confusing, and hindered her understanding of the interface. Is that going to happen again? If so, how can I turn that off and restore the original and more rational accounting environment.
jmcl99

Re: why the weird accounting of card costs?

Post by jmcl99 »

I believe that there is a "Show remaining costs" option which your wife must have inadvertently selected. Strangely it doesn't seem to show on replays so I cant tell you where to find it. It's only available in 'Casual' mode so you could create your next game in 'Competitive' mode to avoid such nonsense.
pjt33

Post by pjt33 »

In the top-left corner of the border of the area labelled "My Gems" there's a round button with an eye icon in it. Clicking that button toggles the cost display mode.
mturton

Post by mturton »

pjt33 wrote: 08 April 2023, 12:11 In the top-left corner of the border of the area labelled "My Gems" there's a round button with an eye icon in it. Clicking that button toggles the cost display mode.
thanks!

Return to “Splendor”