Gaining rover at the start of the game

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
nik592

Gaining rover at the start of the game

Post by nik592 »

My partner and I played our first game of PU last night, and tonight wanted to try the asymmetric corps/planets and event cards (all alpha options right now). He chose Jump Drive as his corp, which has a single rover.

The first event we drew said to regress any track if possible - obviously this doesn't mean much given that all our tracks are at zero. However, I'm not sure if this next part is a bug - the next thing the game said to us was "You must choose 1 track(s) to move thanks to Event Card". I figured it would just do nothing, but it moved the track I chose forward. Apparently it also did the same for my partner, and he chose the rover track. But since there was no tile on the board (I'm guessing), he wasn't given an option to actually place that rover - and since Jump Drive only has one rover, he now has no rover. Which makes things a bit broken for him, since Jump Drive also requires use of life pods to unlock techs, which he now can't collect without a rover...

So is this just the play of the inexperienced? Or should the rover have gone out and that's a bug? And/or was the behaviour of the event (in allowing us to move a track) a bug?
cigma

Re: Gaining rover at the start of the game

Post by cigma »

In case anyone is wondering, it's about this game (still ongoing): https://boardgamearena.com/10/planetunk ... =439210838

I'd consider this to be one or even two bugs. The event says to move any single tracker 1 step back if possible. Since all tracks are at 0, it's obviously not possible and no one should move a tracker. Instead, the game allowed or even forced the players to move 1 step forward, which it shouldn't do (first bug). And if they moved forward on a rover milestone (as chadfern did), this should give them a rover (second bug). I also think that not placing a tile is part of the problem here: "When a player advances their tracker onto a rover milestone, they immediately place a Rover from their corporation board onto any grid square of the last tile they placed."
#zan_zendegi_azadi / #woman_life_freedom
#StandWithUkraine
Language is a source of misunderstanding. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery: The Little Prince) But it is also the source of understanding - it all depends on how you use it. :-)
nik592

Re: Gaining rover at the start of the game

Post by nik592 »

Oops, I meant to include that link to the table in my original post - thanks! Yeah, we kind of stopped the game where it was, although we're probably going to end it and start up a new game. Your analysis of things is the same as mine though so I'll raise bugs about it.

Return to “Planet Unknown”