Allow Games to Finish

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
AmericanEagle

Allow Games to Finish

Post by AmericanEagle »

Games are ruined when a player stops taking their turn!

Just a thought?

When a Player’s time expires:
1) when in ‘Shift Gear’, ’Play Cards’ or ‘Reveal & Move’
Do a ‘Cluttered Hand’ (no move)
Have Legend card take over that Player's color car, starting on Player's next turn

2) at any other point
Skip ‘Adrenaline’, ‘React’, Slipstream’ and ‘Discard’
Perform ‘Check Corner’ and ‘Replenish Hand’
NOTE: Player is still in the game, yet if the Player time expires, see #1

This way the game continues and does not ruin the game for everyone else!

Keep the penalties in place for those Players that abandon their game
[Can BGA implement keyboard/mouse shock therapy? Those Players need incentive!]

This will guarantee that all Heat games will be played to completion!

Then we all can thank BGA for not allowing players to quit when playing Heat

AE
theenemyos

Re: Allow Games to Finish

Post by theenemyos »

yes please!!!
Just had a game (Table #459011774) and just before last corner a player stopped playing in a loosing position (player has good reputation and 100+ ELO). All the effort and time put in by other players become a total waste. Even though no one else leaves the race and want to keep going.

anything will do, just mark the skipped player as last place, remove pawn move on? let the remaining players vote to continue or not (majority wins)?
Nosnas

Post by Nosnas »

theenemyos wrote: 07 January 2024, 10:54 yes please!!!
Just had a game (Table #459011774) and just before last corner a player stopped playing in a loosing position (player has good reputation and 100+ ELO). All the effort and time put in by other players become a total waste. Even though no one else leaves the race and want to keep going.

anything will do, just mark the skipped player as last place, remove pawn move on? let the remaining players vote to continue or not (majority wins)?
Slight necro to this thread because I wanted to vent in a similar situation.

Table #461008367
Move #427
Progression 98%

The guy with the most ELO in the game came up one space short of finishing on his turn, and never took his last turn. I wound up winning on the turn he came up short, but got half of the ELO I would have if the game had finished out, due to the ties losing me a bunch. I get that he gets extra punished for abandoning the game, just frustrating not getting fully rewarded for a hard fought win where we KNEW the outcome.
thoun

Post by thoun »

Like we said in the similar thread, this is a BGA framework limitation, we can't change this. I would if I could ;)
kinzie_k

Post by kinzie_k »

I came into the forum searching for others mentioning expired game play timers -- I find it happening WAY more frequently in HEAT than any other game I play on BGA. Is this other people's experience too?

I prefer to play faster games (8-12 turns) and I sometimes set playing hours and I feel like people don't look at that before the join and end up in a game that is largely taking place while they're sleeping.

It would be so nice to eject them from the game but keep playing... But others seem to give up at that point (which I understand!)
arrie1987

Post by arrie1987 »

As said in other threads. Hopefully framework will be changed at some point. I played a tournament game for 2 weeks, won,but just before it ends, someone got kicked out.
Played 2 weeks for no ending and thus no normal points.

A kick out or leaving should always be a give up, last place and the rest may/can continue.
Phoxtrot

Post by Phoxtrot »

Here is the thread I created at site level to ask for more freedom in the framework as to how each game handles people leaving the game:
https://boardgamearena.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36255

And the actual site suggestion that you can upvote:
https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=121841

On a tangential I also created a suggestion to allow players to unanimously shift an ongoing game to a slower speed (it might allow some game to complete that otherwise would not)
https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=121836

Return to “Heat: Pedal to the Metal”