Lags

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Thomas Yverdon

Lags

Post by Thomas Yverdon »

Hello,

Using on Android phone and tablet, i have to scroll a lot to get informations. And every time, it has to charge the boats or maps again. Make the game very laggy. Do you expriment the same?

This is how BGA works? Or this is how maracaibo is done?

Maybe it's an option somewhere to keep things in cache?

Thanks
Lashwar

Re: Lags

Post by Lashwar »

Same problem on iPad. It’s really difficult to play. I have to load the game 10-15 times to make an action…
jeffus

Post by jeffus »

I tried it on my iPhone yesterday for the first time and it was almost impossible to play. I came here to the forums today to see if anyone else had the issue...
Mogri

Post by Mogri »

If you're experiencing lag on an Apple device, try turning off shadows in the user preferences. All browsers on Mac/iPhone use the same rendering engine, and they all deal incredibly poorly with drop shadows.

The game will try to detect that you're on such a device, but the detection has gaps.
Sjaakster

Post by Sjaakster »

Thank you! Turning off shadows helped a ton. Was having the same issues on Android phone.
Kayvon

Post by Kayvon »

I've added an entry to the FAQ, which can be found at the bottom of the How to Play page on every game or when submitting a bug report.
https://en.doc.boardgamearena.com/Gamehelpmaracaibo#FAQ
Lordricker

Post by Lordricker »

I am on pixel 5 and most games run fine, mari caibo is pretty much unplayable due to lag, it seems related to the "hand" of cards
Kayvon

Post by Kayvon »

And when you changed the setting we've been talking about it magically got fixed, right? Did you change it yet?

Return to “Maracaibo”