Beginners Game - people joining with HIGH ELO

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
JugglinB

Beginners Game - people joining with HIGH ELO

Post by JugglinB »

So I've enjoyed my first few of games of HEAT, but I'm finding that even with the beginner mode on I'm getting players with really high (like 250 high!) ELOs joining. Why are they joining what is basically the tutorial mode? TBH a couple did try to teach, but generally these high ELO players (who clearly know the game, whilst I don't which is I created a "First Game" room!) just win and move on.

Is winning against players that hardly know the rules that much fun?!?

Apart from making a room private and just inviting people is there any way of restricting the ELO of players? So that the room which is literally labelled as "FIRST GAME" doesn't get populated by really high ELO players? I'm getting frustrated by losing every time - and so I'm stuck in low ELO.

Would Kasparov play a 3 year old child who just wants to move their horsey around?!?!?

(and i do get that I can learn from their plays but it's not much fun to lose every game...)
RazorOz

Re: Beginners Game - people joining with HIGH ELO

Post by RazorOz »

Click the settings option that looks like a table where you create a game, and you will see options for your game for player level. Untick all options you don't want to play with, anything above average from the sound of what you're saying.
Bread4Ducks

Re: Beginners Game - people joining with HIGH ELO

Post by Bread4Ducks »

Whilst the First Game rule (as the name implies) is meant for complete beginners the fact that it's half the length of a normal race means experienced players that don't have time for a full race will still be interested in joining. Also, because it can take a while for a room to fill, you'll get people willing to join your room if it's nearly full so that they don't have to wait 10 minutes for a different room to fill.

You need to go into the table settings of the room if you want to restrict the ELO of players.

Return to “Heat: Pedal to the Metal”