Great Western Trail is in alpha

Future games in need of testing and feedback
Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on: https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
El--Duderino

Re: Great Western Trail is in alpha

Post by El--Duderino »

Hello, if it was possible, I would really like to test the alpha version of GWT. Thank you so much, I hope my contribution will be useful !
Demonictutor

Post by Demonictutor »

Please add me to this.
Terry898

Post by Terry898 »

Hi, if possible, could you please add me to the test team?
haushinka

Post by haushinka »

Please add me to the alpha. Thanks.
SquashEngineer

Post by SquashEngineer »

I only just recently purchased GWT. I haven't played it yet though. Is it safe to learn the game HERE on BGA in Alpha mode, OR could it be confusing since it's digital and may yet have a few bugs? Status of Rules/Tutorial? Suggestions?
docthib

Post by docthib »

SquashEngineer wrote: 15 February 2022, 22:46 I only just recently purchased GWT. I haven't played it yet though. Is it safe to learn the game HERE on BGA in Alpha mode, OR could it be confusing since it's digital and may yet have a few bugs? Status of Rules/Tutorial? Suggestions?
I think anybody in the group can confirm that even if It's in alpha the game is 99% finished. I'm mainly working on some UI/UX bugs and improvements.
Only one rule clarification (not in rulebook) is not implemented yet but will be in next patch:
about the auxiliary action reward that should be given before upgrading a station - in the case you move your engine (https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/277243 ... ent-editio).

Digital experience will be different because you have visual helpers (probability of next card, list of cards in deck, extra & missing tasks for objectives...) but will surely help to learn the game.
There is no tutorial yet.
dogcat

Post by dogcat »

Can I join alpha group please? Thanks
SquashEngineer

Post by SquashEngineer »

docthib wrote: 16 February 2022, 10:43
SquashEngineer wrote: 15 February 2022, 22:46 I only just recently purchased GWT. I haven't played it yet though. Is it safe to learn the game HERE on BGA in Alpha mode, OR could it be confusing since it's digital and may yet have a few bugs? Status of Rules/Tutorial? Suggestions?
I think anybody in the group can confirm that even if It's in alpha the game is 99% finished. I'm mainly working on some UI/UX bugs and improvements.
Only one rule clarification (not in rulebook) is not implemented yet but will be in next patch:
about the auxiliary action reward that should be given before upgrading a station - in the case you move your engine (https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/277243 ... ent-editio).

Digital experience will be different because you have visual helpers (probability of next card, list of cards in deck, extra & missing tasks for objectives...) but will surely help to learn the game.
There is no tutorial yet.
Thanks. I may give it a try when I muster some courage to spend some time/effort/brainpower.
petezan

Post by petezan »

Please add me to this alpha test. Thanks.
ProperPlay

Post by ProperPlay »

Hello, can you invite me to alpha test GWT? Thank you!

Return to “"Alpha" games”