Your most failed rolls to complete the last die?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
jorgeanchovy

Your most failed rolls to complete the last die?

Post by jorgeanchovy »

Sore loser whining thread topic here :)
I just tried to complete the final die with 11 single-die rolls, unsuccessfully, then lost the game.
Anyone seen a streak like that of more than 11?
Jellby

Re: Your most failed rolls to complete the last die?

Post by Jellby »

The probability of not rolling the number you need in 11 attempts is (5/6)^11 ~ 13.5%, so I expect it happens quite often.
jorgeanchovy

Post by jorgeanchovy »

Okay @Jellby, math challenge, with the Fetch card, what is the probability of getting two of a particular number? e.g., I need two 5s to win the game. How does the probabilty increase in more than one roll? Thanks!
Deadly_Rat

Post by Deadly_Rat »

jorgeanchovy wrote: 14 July 2023, 15:41 Okay @Jellby, math challenge, with the Fetch card, what is the probability of getting two of a particular number? e.g., I need two 5s to win the game. How does the probabilty increase in more than one roll? Thanks!
You have about 26% chance of getting precisely two 5s in Fetch (8 rolls). If you have 1 treat, the chance rises to 45%. If you have 3 treats, 70%; 7 treats, 91%.
Jegpeg

Post by Jegpeg »

Not at the end of the game but in game #408715255 I needed a 1 or a 3 to avoid going bust and had 13 bones. I needed every last one (14 rolls without a 1 OR a 3) and my game was doomed at that point.
Probability 0.3% (actually surprised it was that high)

Return to “Spots”