Turn based timing

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
pills34

Turn based timing

Post by pills34 »

Hi All - I'm not fully grasping how the time allowances work, i.e. 2 moves a day, 12 moves a day, etc. The respective timing doesn't seem to follow what I think it might/should be. There is also a grace period allowed for sleep? Also, for games with set time periods to play, how does that work? Is the time I see in local time? I'd really appreciate if someone could please provide a brief summary of the key points to how this all functions or link me a previous FAQ/thread? Ultimately, I'd like to choose quicker turn based games and want to know what to look out for. Thanks heaps.
nik592

Re: Turn based timing

Post by nik592 »

You start with a buffer that's roughly 3x the time per turn (eg. 1 turn per day, buffer starts at 3 days). You then receive the time per turn each time you take a turn. You can accrue extra time back on to your buffer, but can't exceed the initial buffer.

Playing hours are shown in local time based on what I've observed, but I don't know if there's a timezone setting you have to set somewhere? It seems like there isn't for the main site, only for the forums from what I could see.
Salvidrim

Post by Salvidrim »

To explain it another way, "1 move per day" means your clock gets added +24h each time it becomes your turn (capping at 3 days max). "2 moves per day", your clock gets added +12h each time it's your turn, capping at 36h. "4 moves per day" it gets +6h each time, capping at 18h.
Jellby

Post by Jellby »

Salvidrim wrote: 11 September 2023, 14:16 "4 moves per day" it gets +6h each time, capping at 18h.
Not exactly, 4 moves per day is: "+6h00 per turn (maximum 24h00)". But close enough :)
Salvidrim

Post by Salvidrim »

Jellby wrote: 11 September 2023, 18:05
Salvidrim wrote: 11 September 2023, 14:16 "4 moves per day" it gets +6h each time, capping at 18h.
Not exactly, 4 moves per day is: "+6h00 per turn (maximum 24h00)". But close enough :)
Right sorry, I thought it always capped at triple the time allottment per move. I only ever play 1m/d and 2m/d :p
pills34

Post by pills34 »

Okay, thanks all. I think the buffer period might explain my confusion - I didn't know that. Appreciate the response.
nccc

Post by nccc »

For fast turn based games only(8moves /day and above),there's playtime(12hour).For example :from 2am to 2pm. So from 2pm to 2am,the clock is frozen(doesn't decrease).

Return to “Discussions”