What happens to removed cards?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
DoctorFianchetto

What happens to removed cards?

Post by DoctorFianchetto »

At the start of a round each player is given up to 10 cards to choose from. They select 1 or 2 cards. The unchosen cards are, I assume, shuffled back into the deck for future rounds.

What about cards that were in a player's roster but are removed during the drafting phase? Are they removed from the game permanently, or are they shuffled back into the deck where they could potentially be chosen by another player?
GTSchemer

Re: What happens to removed cards?

Post by GTSchemer »

They also go back to the trays, where they can be drawn by other players.
superginger

Post by superginger »

According to the rules only starter cards marked S are removed from the game entirely.

Every other card gets discarded to a discard pile and shuffled back only when the respective deck is empty and someone needs to draw. I can't tell 100% if the implementation follows this but from all my games I've never seen anything to suggest that it doesn't.

The important distinction from your description and the rules is that unchosen cards are not shuffled back in until needed. So when you decline to select an AI for example, the entire deck of A cards needs to be depleted until the AI will be shuffled back in for selection.
Fletcheese

Post by Fletcheese »

DoctorFianchetto

Post by DoctorFianchetto »

What happens to a Rescue Pod when it is captured in the duel and used to grab a card from the B Deck? Is it removed from the game entirely or returned to the A Deck to be picked up in the next round?
superginger

Post by superginger »

They should be put back in the discard
GTSchemer

Post by GTSchemer »

DoctorFianchetto wrote: 07 October 2023, 12:25 What happens to a Rescue Pod when it is captured in the duel and used to grab a card from the B Deck? Is it removed from the game entirely or returned to the A Deck to be picked up in the next round?
It is discarded to the tray, and can theoretically be drawn after a reshuffle.

Return to “Challengers”