scoring

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
mpacker

scoring

Post by mpacker »

I'm confused on scoring. at one point it seemed to be giving points and now it seems to be giving stars. is there some place to see the scoring mechanism?

i'd prefer points :)
heidibella

Re: scoring

Post by heidibella »

it seems the stars are to show who won the row or column and each star is worth one point.
heidibella

Post by heidibella »

Check out the French rulebook. It contains the scoring table that the English rules are missing. Clarifies a lot.
Blacktango

Post by Blacktango »

You can click on the ? at the end of the game to see that scoring table.
MIB5799

Post by MIB5799 »

heidibella wrote: 11 December 2023, 14:57 Check out the French rulebook. It contains the scoring table that the English rules are missing. Clarifies a lot.
That seems like the kind of ommission that makes the game completely unplayable for anyone who doesn't speak french.

Certainly not ready for a WORLDWIDE RELEASE and being featured in the site news
BenPatient

Post by BenPatient »

I have played a few games. I find certain things in the rules to be...not rewarding. Following the basic poker hierarchy for which set of 5 is better makes for a good starting point, but for all of the visual emphasis on color, it only seems to matter for a straight flush, which is almost impossible to do on purpose (and easy to do on accident).

There is only 1 of each tile. There are 10 of each color, and 5 of each number.

And yet, a random pair is worth more (potentially 1 star) than 4 of the same color in a row (zero stars). That means as soon as the opponent takes one of the tiles you would need to pull a straight flush, you should stop considering color at all for that row/column, and just make sure you have a pair.

You usually either win through dumb luck of the draw, or you win with pairs in all of the "failed" rows.

Return to “101: the match”