one question about rotate planet station

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
isvius

one question about rotate planet station

Post by isvius »

How can i rotate the planet station? The program roate one place every turn automaticatly

Thanks for response
TricksyFox

Re: one question about rotate planet station

Post by TricksyFox »

Also wondering this!
Suoivax

Post by Suoivax »

Sounds like solo mode? Or maybe 2 player (can't remember)?

I know solo mode, you don't choose the position, that would be too easy. I think 2 player games are the same?

Might be an option in the game setup as well.
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

You dont choose rotation in solo and two players, as explained in the rulebook
TheBigL7

Post by TheBigL7 »

My reading of the rulebook is the automatic rotation in a 2P game is an optional module. Is it possible to give the option to play the "regular" game with two players and then have the automatic rotation as a variant? Not being able to pick which tile you want on your turn really changes the game and, in my mind, makes it quite a bit less fun.

Either way, well done on the implementation of the game. It is very sharp.
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

TheBigL7 wrote: 14 November 2023, 17:56 My reading of the rulebook is the automatic rotation in a 2P game is an optional module. Is it possible to give the option to play the "regular" game with two players and then have the automatic rotation as a variant? Not being able to pick which tile you want on your turn really changes the game and, in my mind, makes it quite a bit less fun.

Either way, well done on the implementation of the game. It is very sharp.
I think that's not the correct reading. Variant are different from optional modules. The rulebook describe the general games then explain the solo and 2p variant by explaining which part differs (you can see there are no "may" and it always end with "everything else is the same"). And then it describes some optional modules, that are all using "you may add...".
Maybe it was like that because otherwise the game is less fun if you choose rotation in 2p ? Anyway, i guess this could be added as an optional house rule on bga but you would need publisher approval first (try bgg)
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Tisaac wrote: 15 November 2023, 09:14 I think that's not the correct reading. Variant are different from optional modules.
Thanks for your point of view. Before your statement, I read the „two player variant“ as optional, as it is part of the chapter „optional modules“ and it is called „variant“ (and not „two player rules“ nor „changes for two players“). The first sentence („To maximize strategy and …“) could be read as „If you want to maximize strategy and … , do ….“.

But you are right, that the two player variant does not use „may“, as other optional modules do. So, it is likely that the „two player variant“ is intended to be the normal rule for two players.

At least, it is confusing, as the rule uses different words for: multiplayer game rules, two player variant, event deck module and solo mode setup
Andraschin

Post by Andraschin »

[
[/quote]
I think that's not the correct reading. Variant are different from optional modules. The rulebook describe the general games then explain the solo and 2p variant by explaining which part differs (you can see there are no "may" and it always end with "everything else is the same"). And then it describes some optional modules, that are all using "you may add...".
Maybe it was like that because otherwise the game is less fun if you choose rotation in 2p ? Anyway, i guess this could be added as an optional house rule on bga but you would need publisher approval first (try bgg)
[/quote]

I think it's EXACTLY the correct reading. At the end of the rulebook they give us a variant for two players, to 'maximize strategy and planning'. In this variant the solo mode automatic Susan turn is used. It is not the ruleset for two, it is a variant. Personally I find the ability to choose essential for the fun of the game, and would strongly vote to install this as the 'basic' functionality...
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Tisaac wrote: 15 November 2023, 09:14.
I think that's not the correct reading.
Andraschin wrote: 23 December 2023, 17:32 I think it's EXACTLY the correct reading.
You both have different opinions about how the rules were intended to be read. Maybe someone can try to get an official statement from the game‘s author or publisher, as the printed rulebook leaves room for interpretation.

Return to “Planet Unknown”