Great Western Trail: When you need need nothin' more than a hat, horse, and the will to ride...

Board Game Arena Official announcements
Zane60

Re: Great Western Trail: When you need need nothin' more than a hat, horse, and the will to ride...

Post by Zane60 »

Moistly Harmless wrote: 10 May 2022, 14:17
robinzig wrote: 04 May 2022, 18:06
unclesamb wrote: 04 May 2022, 17:50 Is this the 2nd edition? I haven't played either version, but I'm trying to figure out which rulebook to read. The rulebook linked on the first page is 1st edition, but the artwork looks like 2nd edition.
You can play either first or second edition by selecting the one you prefer in the settings when creating a table.
So if I choose first edition, can I have the Native Americans back?
Correct, first edition has Native Americans and second edition has outlaws instead.
nov17th

Re: Great Western Trail: When you need need nothin' more than a hat, horse, and the will to ride...

Post by nov17th »

This thing looks like a lot of fun. Thanks.
NOV17TH
SpaceSpartan

Post by SpaceSpartan »

I am enjoying the game so far, but don't like the way the interface adjusts when you enlarge the window. The main board stays centered, with a bunch of empty space on the right hand side, and the player board on the left continues to cover the game board. And the part showing your hand at the bottom stays below the main board as well and you have to scroll down to be able to see the board at the same time.
UnusualMeerkat

Post by UnusualMeerkat »

Thanks a lot for this! Not every day you get a BGG Top10 game out on BGA! *former Top10 as of now, but who cares
Is there chance for solo mode to be added at some point: either the official one from the 2nd edition or e.g. Garth by Steve Schlepphorst?
NickROCA

Post by NickROCA »

It's great to have this game in BGA, but I've been having lots of trouble with it. We started asynchronous play with a friend, both of us with premium accounts, but each time we close de browser, the match vanishes. It has happend three times in the last two days already (and it doesn't appear in the notifications as finished). I have no idea what might be wrong here.
Een

Post by Een »

NickROCA wrote: 06 June 2022, 17:12 It's great to have this game in BGA, but I've been having lots of trouble with it. We started asynchronous play with a friend, both of us with premium accounts, but each time we close de browser, the match vanishes. It has happend three times in the last two days already (and it doesn't appear in the notifications as finished). I have no idea what might be wrong here.
My guess would be that you launched a "realtime" training mode game (instead of "turn based" training mode).
Realtime games are closed after 4 hours without a move.
If you make sure to select "turn based" before starting the game, it should be fine.
psychwoman

Post by psychwoman »

If I play the 1st edition of GWT, which rails to the north edition do I use? 2018 or was it 2022 or something?

Anyone know?

Return to “Official announcements [en]”