mediocre players

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
JoaquimMMarqués

mediocre players

Post by JoaquimMMarqués »

For mediocre players, like me, it is impossible to go beyond platinum level in Arena mode. To level up you have to play with Top players and if it's already difficult to win... winning three times in a row is impossible... and if you play against a basic level you don't score...

yes, frustration.
Jellby

Re: mediocre players

Post by Jellby »

JoaquimMMarqués wrote: 13 May 2024, 19:24 For mediocre players, like me, it is impossible to go beyond platinum level in Arena mode
Hmm... Maybe that's why there are separate leagues? To separate "mediocre" players from "top" players?
JoaquimMMarqués

Jellby wrote: 13 May 2024, 20:46
JoaquimMMarqués wrote: 13 May 2024, 19:24 For mediocre players, like me, it is impossible to go beyond platinum level in Arena mode
Hmm... Maybe that's why there are separate leagues? To separate "mediocre" players from "top" players?
Separate leagues don't play against each other, if you always play against tops, you always lose... if you play against platinum you feel in your league and there you can defend yourself a little better.

And... if you always lose you go down in the ranking which if you don't play you don't go down, so playing doesn't benefit you either.

I repeat, frustration
Jellby

Post by Jellby »

If you win as much as lose against people in your level, you'll stay at the same level, it makes sense. If you want to level up, you must win more than lose (or win against higher-level players).

And yes, separate leagues play against each other (except when individual players choose not to).
JoaquimMMarqués

Since movement is demonstrated by walking, I have proposed a new system in the guru area for the next Arena season.
Komandor Tarkin

Post by Komandor Tarkin »

I for one, would rather see elite more select than current. For a game that has around 1000 players per season, elite should contain no more than 50 players. But none of these changes we can introduce through next format voting. It can be changed by developers, and there is thread ongoing in "suggestions" forum.
JoaquimMMarqués

Komandor Tarkin wrote: 22 May 2024, 15:14 I for one, would rather see elite more select than current. For a game that has around 1000 players per season, elite should contain no more than 50 players. But none of these changes we can introduce through next format voting. It can be changed by developers, and there is thread ongoing in "suggestions" forum.
Perfect for my part, that they make you a private Elite league, at 50 or everyone who has more than 400 ELO points... playing against you becomes very tiresome, playing to lose is very frustrating and as soon as you see the ELO points you already play without desire...

Return to “Railroad Ink”