What to do on account deletion?

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
teallite

Re: What to do on account deletion?

Post by teallite »

Cile wrote: 14 May 2024, 02:04 User complains about someone using multiple accounts, then complains that they are unable to have multiple accounts. Classy.
They complained about cheating. Nowhere they said that using multiple accounts by itself is wrong.
silentProtest

Post by silentProtest »

teallite wrote: 15 May 2024, 17:07
Cile wrote: 14 May 2024, 02:04 User complains about someone using multiple accounts, then complains that they are unable to have multiple accounts. Classy.
They complained about cheating. Nowhere they said that using multiple accounts by itself is wrong.
Thanks for answering that for me while I was muted :)

Also generally thanks for reading and thinking, to whom did that ^^

also @Cile : - complain is a stretch - but I did imply that reporting doesn't always work. no matter.

some extras (to whom ignored my question.. and anything else, and just wrote.. something :P ) :
- cant disclose anything about reports on me, if I dont want this account nuked, Im told. Also on a totaly other note, I seem to be "non family friendly", just in general xDD
- tony97 was the main account, that was deleted and had never any moderations. It was also the older of the two. You could check it up on your own via playing history ;)
- (legit) uses for multiple accounts:
as drunk account, if you play competitive and care about ranking

as sorting friend groups on BGA if you prefer intense playing groups in specific games - since there are no grouping or tagging the friends in your play list - you can search the forum for that idea or check and think through how steam works nowadays [extra extra: any suggestions or agnolaging a problem, on that front were ignored for bout 2 years]

if caring for elo, extra accounts for playing with weird expansions/setups, or perfecting an inferior vanilla version

communicating contact informations to other, better platfroms, to friend listed people, if a main account is blocked for any reason :P

PS: yeah, probably its a mistake to be nice and constructive - better leave that to better communities xDD
Fuchur

Post by Fuchur »

MANNY-OLIVIA wrote: 13 May 2024, 11:01 Why does any player need more than 1 account?

I for one am glad that the BGA Admin Team are making multi accounts inactive.

If the BGA Admin Team have any free time they should have a look at Spades, there are numerous multi accounts there.
This has nothing to do with the original post but to answer your question :
### Why does any player need more than 1 account?
If there are several persons under the same roof (i.e. using the same internet connection and therefore the same IP-adresse) all want to play on BGA in the same moment (and perhaps even the same game) they will most likely identified as a multi account.

I think that this situation does arise quite often but i have no idea if and how these people can convince BGA that they aren't cheating.

Return to “Discussions”