What to do on account deletion?

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
silentProtest

What to do on account deletion?

Post by silentProtest »

saw this massage for my other account: This player does not exist (account closed by player or for inactivity) - those are lies. I am active with it and I did not close it myself.

There are rules forbiding playing against/with multi accounts, but no such things for having any (just pre-answering ..quality responses) - If still claiming it is against the rules, please do link the source for that believe.

Also I didnt get any information on why my account was made non existent. What to do in such cases?
nccc

Re: What to do on account deletion?

Post by nccc »

U have 8 guilty cases, u know why(but we cant see).
JoysJoy

Post by JoysJoy »

nccc wrote: 13 May 2024, 00:01 U have 8 guilty cases, u know why(but we cant see).
Huh. I also see 8 reports of bad behavior listed. Does that mean other players reported this player for bad behavior? I have not seen this before
MANNY-OLIVIA

Post by MANNY-OLIVIA »

Why does any player need more than 1 account?

I for one am glad that the BGA Admin Team are making multi accounts inactive.

If the BGA Admin Team have any free time they should have a look at Spades, there are numerous multi accounts there.
RobertBr

Post by RobertBr »

MANNY-OLIVIA wrote: 13 May 2024, 11:01 Why does any player need more than 1 account?
I can think of a few reasons, but only very extreme edge cases. Its worth noting a the same user name made another post https://boardgamearena.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36596 asking for 'advice' which was presented in a way which suggested they were not entirely in good faith.

I think that a small minority of people have taken offense at BGA actions in the past (particularly around moderation) and they use the forums as a way of venting their frustration.
MANNY-OLIVIA

Post by MANNY-OLIVIA »

I am of the opinion that BGA Admin have done the right thing in deleting this multi account.

These multi accounts cause nothing but problems.

I really do wish that BGA Admin could identify all multi accounts and get rid of them all.

It should be ILLEGAL to have more than 1 account!
ChiefPointThief

Post by ChiefPointThief »

JoysJoy wrote: 13 May 2024, 00:11
nccc wrote: 13 May 2024, 00:01 U have 8 guilty cases, u know why(but we cant see).
Huh. I also see 8 reports of bad behavior listed. Does that mean other players reported this player for bad behavior? I have not seen this before
It only shows if the player currently has a chat ban. Why this is the case I have no idea. In the policy it says that if someone is found guilty of using multi accounts that the secondary account is removed. Op wasn't found guilty of that otherwise it would say that on their main accounts report history instead of "other".

It doesn't necessarily mean a player reported them all those times. Most likely the charge would be something like insult. Most of op reports are "other".
MANNY-OLIVIA

Post by MANNY-OLIVIA »

Players shouldn't have multiple accounts, end off!
Cile

Post by Cile »

RobertBr wrote: 13 May 2024, 14:52
MANNY-OLIVIA wrote: 13 May 2024, 11:01 Why does any player need more than 1 account?
I can think of a few reasons, but only very extreme edge cases. Its worth noting a the same user name made another post https://boardgamearena.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36596 asking for 'advice' which was presented in a way which suggested they were not entirely in good faith.

I think that a small minority of people have taken offense at BGA actions in the past (particularly around moderation) and they use the forums as a way of venting their frustration.
User complains about someone using multiple accounts, then complains that they are unable to have multiple accounts. Classy.
Meeplelowda

Post by Meeplelowda »

Cile wrote: 14 May 2024, 02:04
RobertBr wrote: 13 May 2024, 14:52

User complains about someone using multiple accounts, then complains that they are unable to have multiple accounts. Classy.
silentProtest's grievances have been festering for some time now. It's sad, but not surprising, that it culminated this way.

Return to “Discussions”