Automatic translations?

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
kakapow

Automatic translations?

Post by kakapow »

This morning I noticed that a couple of standard chat messages (e.g. "Have fun!" "Are you still there?") are being automatically translated into the player's preferred language, which I think is quite a nice feature. Perhaps this has been around for a long time, although I've played quite a few games on BGA and this is the first time I've seen it.

Is there a list somewhere of what canned messages have automatic translations?
Jellby

Re: Automatic translations?

Post by Jellby »

In the chat window, there's a button that shows a list of such messages to choose from.
Meeplelowda

Post by Meeplelowda »

kakapow wrote: 22 May 2024, 14:31 This morning I noticed that a couple of standard chat messages (e.g. "Have fun!" "Are you still there?") are being automatically translated into the player's preferred language, which I think is quite a nice feature. Perhaps this has been around for a long time, although I've played quite a few games on BGA and this is the first time I've seen it.

Is there a list somewhere of what canned messages have automatic translations?
Click the meeple icon in chat for the list. It has been there for years. What's newish (at least several months) is them putting quotes around it to indicate it's a canned message.
kakapow

Post by kakapow »

All right, so I'm just slow to catch up. :) Thanks so much!
cigma

Post by cigma »

You can even translate other texts. If the other person writes a text in their language, just go to the end of this text with the cursor. A little icon will show up. If you click on it, google translate opens and translates the text for you. For answering, translate your text first via google translate, then copy the translation in their language into the chat box.
#zan_zendegi_azadi / #woman_life_freedom
#StandWithUkraine
Language is a source of misunderstanding. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery: The Little Prince) But it is also the source of understanding - it all depends on how you use it. :-)

Return to “Discussions”