What does everyone think about the new adaptation?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
yellowmcflurry

What does everyone think about the new adaptation?

Post by yellowmcflurry »

I personally dislike it.

1. The "Restart turn" button is unnecessary and doesn't make sense to me. Someone mentioned in another thread that it ruins the game because you can't do that in person, and the animation is just annoying.

2. Why did they remove the special sound for the robber? It's not essential, but I think it adds to the overall gameplay experience. :|

3. The number of resource cards now shows before the animation of the cards being distributed? Again, it doesn't affect gameplay but it's just annoying.

4. The dice seem really off after the new update. In the few games I've played since the update, 5 & 10 show up way more often than before, and 6 & 8 seem to have reduced a lot. Might just be my imagination tho.
Jellby

Re: What does everyone think about the new adaptation?

Post by Jellby »

yellowmcflurry wrote: 21 May 2024, 22:41 4. The dice seem really off after the new update. In the few games I've played since the update, 5 & 10 show up way more often than before, and 6 & 8 seem to have reduced a lot. Might just be my imagination tho.
Most likely.
TheDadshine

Post by TheDadshine »

The dice were super streaky before the update and are equally so now, IMO.
yellowmcflurry

Post by yellowmcflurry »

TheDadshine wrote: 22 May 2024, 14:04 The dice were super streaky before the update and are equally so now, IMO.
You are right. After a few more games it does seem more equal now
karpidis

Post by karpidis »

It shows you restart the turn even after drawing card. Is actually this allowed?
DVC

Post by DVC »

karpidis wrote: 23 May 2024, 01:39 It shows you restart the turn even after drawing card. Is actually this allowed?
If it allows that, it really shouldn’t. Also it shouldn’t let you undo trades. At most, card trade with the bank and builds on the board.
darhf

Post by darhf »

karpidis wrote: 23 May 2024, 01:39 It shows you restart the turn even after drawing card. Is actually this allowed?
It just goes back to the last save point, you can't undo a trade or a drawn card :)

Return to “Catan”