SFTP: Download Project fails: isDate is not a function

Game development with Board Game Arena Studio
Post Reply
User avatar
nightrider
Posts: 4
Joined: 20 June 2012, 22:59

SFTP: Download Project fails: isDate is not a function

Post by nightrider »

I created an empty folder named C:\reversidean which is the name of my project.

I ran SFTP: config in that folder. It created a .vscode folder with a sftp.json file inside.
I edited that file as in the Setting up BGA Development ... File Sync instructions

It created a tree of folders similar to my remote \reversidean\ but all the files were empty

The output is full of errors like this:
[09-22 17:15:27] [error] TypeError: isDate is not a function
at attrsToBytes (c:\Users\deanh\.vscode\extensions\natizyskunk.sftp-1.16.3\node_modules\ssh2\lib\protocol\SFTP.js:2492:45)
at SFTP.open (c:\Users\deanh\.vscode\extensions\natizyskunk.sftp-1.16.3\node_modules\ssh2\lib\protocol\SFTP.js:331:15)
at ReadStream.open (c:\Users\deanh\.vscode\extensions\natizyskunk.sftp-1.16.3\node_modules\ssh2\lib\protocol\SFTP.js:3706:13)

What did I do wrong?
Here is my sftp.json file:
{
"name": "BGA",
"host": "1.studio.boardgamearena.com",
"protocol": "sftp",
"port": 2022,
"username": "nightrider",
"password": "(edited)",
"remotePath": "/reversidean/",
"uploadOnSave": false,
"ignore": [
".vscode",
".git",
".DS_Store",
"package-lock.json",
"yarn.lock",
"misc",
"node_modules",
"_ide_helper.php",
"bga-framework.d.ts",
"* *",
"sync-helpers.sh",
"vendor",
".phpunit.cache"
],
"syncOption": {
"skipCreate": false,
"delete": true
}
}
User avatar
oBsiDiaN
Posts: 13
Joined: 25 April 2020, 03:19

Re: SFTP: Download Project fails: isDate is not a function

Post by oBsiDiaN »

I hope thats not your real password in the sftp config. (please remove and change it if it is)

The issue is that the natizyskunk vscode sftp extension is not maintained and there is a bug that causes it to sync the file names with no content.
Have a look here at the top comment for the fix, https://github.com/Natizyskunk/vscode-sftp/issues/586
Post Reply

Return to “Developers”