Bounty Alert: $100 for 3p Corp Era Prelude Colony Arena Season

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
User avatar
Lytical
Posts: 112
Joined: 07 May 2026, 00:51

Bounty Alert: $100 for 3p Corp Era Prelude Colony Arena Season

Post by Lytical »

Gurus make the next arena season 3p Corp Era Prelude Colony, Random Maps, Exclude Prelude Corps. and I will put $50 on the champion, $35 for the runner up and $15 for the 3rd place finisher. Qualifier is 1960 arena points.

Before Venus arrives, this is probably the last chance we ever get to see this format to be competed at the highest level, so let's give it a swirl. The meta data would be delicious for our AI overlord.
User avatar
xspuipuke
Posts: 224
Joined: 13 July 2021, 16:51

Re: Bounty Alert: $100 for 3p Corp Era Prelude Colony Arena Season

Post by xspuipuke »

Just offer every guru 5 bucks. So few people are voting - might be cheaper :D
User avatar
Lytical
Posts: 112
Joined: 07 May 2026, 00:51

Re: Bounty Alert: $100 for 3p Corp Era Prelude Colony Arena Season

Post by Lytical »

xspuipuke wrote: ↑25 September 2026, 22:54 Just offer every guru 5 bucks. So few people are voting - might be cheaper :D
EWWW, that's Bribed Committee; I take Sponsors. If anyone put another hundo with me and raise it to $200, the champion can take home $120, 2nd $60 and 3rd $20.

Make the Pledge.
Yahyra
Posts: 197
Joined: 06 January 2016, 03:33

Re: Bounty Alert: $100 for 3p Corp Era Prelude Colony Arena Season

Post by Yahyra »

Less pledging, more wiring money (not sure to who, Frank Jones? xpuis? ).

(This post is in jest and not legal advice. Your mileage may vary :lol: :D :) :lol: ).
User avatar
RicardoRix
Posts: 2555
Joined: 29 April 2012, 23:43

Re: Bounty Alert: $100 for 3p Corp Era Prelude Colony Arena Season

Post by RicardoRix »

I could be wrong, but I believe some other games have a fixed rotation of options to make sure it's slightly fairer and has more variation.
Might be worth chasing that idea. 7 wonders and Terra Mysica spring to mind.
Yahyra
Posts: 197
Joined: 06 January 2016, 03:33

Re: Bounty Alert: $100 for 3p Corp Era Prelude Colony Arena Season

Post by Yahyra »

I am not well versed on the 7 wonders metagame, but Terra Mystica has darn good balance across player counts, and maps. I do not opine the same about T Mars. I can understand why the gurus keep voting for 2p in T Mars.
User avatar
RicardoRix
Posts: 2555
Joined: 29 April 2012, 23:43

Re: Bounty Alert: $100 for 3p Corp Era Prelude Colony Arena Season

Post by RicardoRix »

Those games do not get a guru vote. The seasons are on a rotation. I think 7 wonders, is 3p,4p,3p,5p. Or something like that.
User avatar
Lytical
Posts: 112
Joined: 07 May 2026, 00:51

Re: Bounty Alert: $100 for 3p Corp Era Prelude Colony Arena Season

Post by Lytical »

I have competed in all kinda formats for this game, I have to say I have never ever tried to understand the meta for 3p PC. Maybe there is something interesting in there sans prelude corps. Would love to see it run by unique top human players over 1000 times.
Yahyra
Posts: 197
Joined: 06 January 2016, 03:33

Re: Bounty Alert: $100 for 3p Corp Era Prelude Colony Arena Season

Post by Yahyra »

RicardoRix wrote: ↑26 September 2026, 21:29 Those games do not get a guru vote. The seasons are on a rotation. I think 7 wonders, is 3p,4p,3p,5p. Or something like that.
Interesting; I may be skipping a sticky post somewhere that just explains this; what determines which games get gurus to vote for arena seasons? At one point I think I was guru voting for Arnak, Gizmos, perhaps a few others...
FrankJones
Posts: 2805
Joined: 30 June 2024, 00:24

Re: Bounty Alert: $100 for 3p Corp Era Prelude Colony Arena Season

Post by FrankJones »

I somehow got stropped of my guruship in a game in which I was 2nd in Arena last season and am currently 3rd this season. WTF ?????
Post Reply

Return to “Terraforming Mars”